As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who doesn’t love a good margarita? I definitely love one. The first time I had a Paloma cocktail, I was equally in love with this sparkling classic grapefruit and tequila cocktail. The Paloma cocktail is a refreshing blend of fresh grapefruit and lime juices combined with tequila, simple syrup, and sparkling water in a salt and sugared rimmed glass. How amazing does this sound?
If you are like me, you have simple syrup on hand all the time. It is just a staple for me. I had made some lime simple syrup for the lime drop martini so I used it for the Palomas. In addition, you will want to squeeze fresh juice from grapefruit and some limes.
Once you have the syrup and juices squeezes, put salt, sugar and some lime zest on a small plate. Take a wedge of grapefruit and use it to wet the rim of your glass. Then spin it through the combination of salt, sugar, and lime zest. Fill the glasses with ice as well as a cocktail shaker to begin making the Paloma.
Start by adding tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and simple syrup to the shaker. Pour the Paloma Cocktail into the glasses leaving a third of the glass for the sparkling water to top it off. I used Spindrift sparkling water with real grapefruit juice for my Palomas.
When the grapefruit juice and tequila combination is topped off with the sparkling water your Paloma cocktail is ready for sipping. Your new favorite tequila cocktail will be in the palm of your hand, literally.
Even if you don’t think you like grapefruit, give this drink a try. The grapefruit and lime with the tequila are a refreshing combination. I know what I will be drinking poolside all summer long now, the Paloma.
Paloma Cocktail - Grapefruit and Tequila Cocktail Recipe
- 3/4 cup Grapefruit Juice 1 grapefruit juiced
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Lime Zest
- grapefruit and lime for garnish
- 1.5 cup Sparkling Water like Spindrift Sparkling Water with real Grapefruit Juice
- Begin by running a piece of lime or grapefruit around the rim of the glasses and then spinning through a plate that has the salt, sugar, and lime zest combined. Add ice to the glasses.
- In a large cocktail shaker, add ice and the tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake to combine.
- Pour into the glasses until 3/4 filled. Top off with the sparkling water.
- Garnish with lime and grapefruit pieces.
Latest posts by Leah Beyer (see all)
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate – Kahlua or Baileys Hot Chocolate - November 30, 2019
- Sparkling Ginger Apple Cider Sangria - November 17, 2019
- Frozen Mudslides – Boozy Chocolate Milkshake - October 26, 2019