Sometimes all you need is a bag of frozen strawberries to make everything ok. Add some tequila and lime juice and you have yourself an easy frozen strawberry margarita.
The beautiful thing about being a farm family is the beautiful reality that we all have a lot of freezer space. Why you ask, for the meat. The meat we get butchered whole animals at a time. The perk to having this freezer space, is we also have plenty of space for ice cream and frozen fruit. Both of which kids and adults can enjoy blended together with other staple ingredients for fun drinks all year long. One of my kids' favorite blender drinks is the frozen strawberry lemonade. So, since we always have frozen strawberries in the freezer, we might as well make frozen cocktails.
And I don't mess around when I buy frozen berries. I buy these puppies four pounds (or more) at a time. I am not going to let my kids be using all the strawberries for their drinks. No way. When Momma needs a frozen margarita, momma needs it to be strong. Which is why frozen berries are perfect to bypass the use of ice cubes. No need to water down the margarita. Nobody has time for water downed margaritas.
Into the blender goes a pound of strawberries, juice from three times, ¾ cup of tequila and ¼ cup of triple sec. Blend till the strawberries are completely pureed.
Salt the rims. Don't salt the rims. I don't really care either way, just get the margarita poured into two glasses and stick a straw in it. You deserve it. Plus, the easy frozen strawberry margarita is low calorie. BONUS!!
Easy Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- 16 ounces or 1 pound of frozen strawberries
- 3 limes juiced
- ¾ cup of Tequila
- ¼ cup of Triple Sec
- Salt for glass rims Optional
- 1 lime sliced for garnish
- Put all the ingredients except salt into the blender.
- Blend together till strawberries are completely pureed.
- Dip rims of glasses into water and then the salt if you drink margaritas with salt.
- Pour frozen margaritas into glasses. Garnish with lime wedges.
- Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail - October 7, 2022
- Apple Cider Amaretto Sour - September 30, 2022
- Island Lemonade Punch - August 21, 2022
Girl, we think alike! There's nothing yummy about a watered down margarita. I do the same thing, except with frozen raspberries.
Oh that sounds so good too.
This is a perfect margarita! Thank you for all the info. I finally have a recipe I can make for summer parties. Keep doing like this. Hope to hear more interesting from you.