I love a good margarita. I really love a fruity margarita. When you take it up a notch and add heat to a margarita, I about lose my mind. I am obsessed with spicy pineapple margaritas from a local taco place. After finding multiple reasons to go there, I decided it was time for me to recreate this favorite at home. I have mastered the art of a smooth sweet and spicy pineapple margaritas by the pitcher.
What is in a Spicy Pineapple Margarita?
Spicy Pineapple Margaritas by the Pitcher combine the sweet nectar of pineapple-infused tequila with triple sec, pineapple and lime juices, and a kick of jalapeno heat. Line the rim with Tajin seasoning for an extra hint of smoky heat in the salt rim. This will quickly become your coveted margarita.
The ingredients to make this pineapple margarita with jalapenos are the simple base ingredients for a margarita with a little extra flavor components:
- Tequila - Silver tequila is my personal preference. A gold tequila can also be just fine if that is the kind of tequila you prefer.
- Triple Sec - Orange liqueur like triple sec or Cointreau is a must for any margarita recipe. This one is no different.
- Pineapple Juice - I have cases of pineapple juice and large cans of pineapple juice on hand all the time. Perfect for a single glass of pineapple margarita or pitcher fulls.
- Limes - For both fresh squeezed lime juice and garnish, you will need a couple of fresh limes.
- Fresh Jalapenos - Fresh Jalapenos sliced up are a must for the pineapple jalapeno margarita. Seeds and all for the spiciest. Get those seeds out if you want a little less heat in your marg.
- Tajin - Skip the salt for this margarita and go straight for the Tajin Seasoning. A great way to add even more flavor to this spicy margarita.
How to Make Pineapple Jalapeno Margaritas
I always frequent Mexican restaurants when I travel. Margaritas are good in every city I visit. My bestie lives outside of Detroit and on a visit, I had a margarita made from pineapple-infused tequila. My life was forever changed. Infused tequila is smooth. I now use my trust mason jars to infuse my own tequilas. And vodkas. And rums. You get the point...
People, start infusing your booze. You can all send me love notes after your life is forever altered as mine has been.
Back to the margaritas...
For these pitchers of margaritas, I combine pineapple juice, triple sec, tequila, and lime juice. To take the near-perfect margarita up a notch, I add sliced jalapenos to the mix. I have a thing for jalapenos and margaritas. My Frozen Peach Margaritas and Champagne Margaritas both have jalapenos in them.
Let's talk about how I am addicted to salt, shall we? Seriously, I am licking the glasses clean when I have a margarita. When I had the Spicy Pineapple Margarita at Bakersfield, the salt was what was most appealing. So since I had Tajin in the cabinet, I then decided to use it in my attempt at the knock-off spicy pineapple margarita.
Nailed it. People, buy Tajin Seasoning right now.
Are you still with me? Add ice along with additional jalapeno slices and tequila saturated pineapples to your Tajin rimmed glasses. And pour the sweet margarita nectar into the glasses.
A good margarita recipe is a must-have for anyone who loves entertaining. A good margarita is always a big fan favorite. Start with the 101+ best margarita recipes. However, here are a few of my favorites.
Limeade Margaritas - 3 Ingredient Margarita
Easy Frozen Strawberry Margarita
Spicy Margarita Recipe - Fresh Jalapeno Margaritas
Spicy Pineapple Margaritas by the Pitcher
- 1 cup Tequila I pineapple infuse mine
- 3 cups Pineapple Juice
- ⅓ cup Triple Sec
- 2 Limes, Juiced
- 1 Lime, Sliced
- 1 tablespoon Tajin Seasoning
- 2 Jalapenos, sliced
- 1 Pineapple, cut up into chunks
- Combine the tequila, triple sec, and juices in a pitcher. Add jalapeno slices from one pepper to margarita. Stir to combine.
- Take a lime slice and go over the rim of the glasses to get them wet. Place Tajin on a small plate and take the glasses and spin the rim of the glasses in the Tajin.
- Fill the glass with ice and pineapple chunks and jalapeno slices.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail - October 7, 2022
- Apple Cider Amaretto Sour - September 30, 2022
- Island Lemonade Punch - August 21, 2022
Melissa @ Served Up With Love
Whoa! Pour me a nice tall glass!!
I look forward to trying this recipe, but i will be doubling the recipe to make it a true pitcher - lol.
This drink was fantastic!!