If you have been reading Farmwife Drinks for a while, you are most likely familiar with my lemon drop martini made with limoncello. I love a good martini and recently have become obsessed with lime. If everyone loves a lemon drop martini than you guys are going to also enjoy this Lime Drop Martini.
Lime Drop Martini is an easy to make cocktail with the help of some lime simple syrup, lime juice, triple sec and lime vodka. Shaken and poured into a sugar-rimmed glass with a lime twist makes this a refreshing cocktail all year long.
The key to this cocktail is the combination of sweet with the sour plus the booze. Sweet and sour flavor pop all over your mouth when you drink this Lime Drop Martini.
While the ingredients for a lime drop martini can all be store bought, I did make a homemade lime simple syrup by substituting half the water for lime juice and left out the vanilla in this simple syrup recipe. Feel free to buy lime simple syrup too. In addition, more fresh squeezed lime juice, triple sec or another orange liquor, and a lime-infused vodka are essential to the cocktail.
Begin by rimming your glasses with sugar. I used an old fashion champagne glass for a change up from a traditional martini glass. To rim the glass, use a slice of lime to run around the edge of the glass. Then flip the glass over to a small plate with few tablespoons of sugar and spin the edge through the sugar.
In a large cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, triple sec, lime syrup, and lime juice over ice. Shake and then pour into your sugar rimmed glasses.
Vodka Cocktails and Martini Recipes
Lime Drop Martini
- 6 ounces lime vodka 4 shots
- 3 ounces triple sec 2 shots
- 1.5 ounces lime syrup 1 shot
- 2 ounces lime juice ¼ cup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Slice one slice from the lime and cut it in half to use to run around the edge of two martini glasses to wet it. Then dip the glass edges into sugar on a small plate. Set aside.
- In a large cocktail shaker, fill with ice and add the vodka, triple sec, lime syrup and lime juice. Shake.
- Pour the lime drop martini into the sugar-rimmed glasses. Cut a lime twist from the lime skin for garnish.
Shared on Weekend Potluck.