We are ice creamaholics at our house. Well, the kids are. So, when I asked them if they wanted to make a batch of homemade copycat Wendy's Frosty recipe, the kids were all in! This 3-ingredient chocolate ice cream tastes just like a homemade copycat Wendy's Frosty recipe. Your family will love this milkshake all year long. The copycat Wendy's Frosty is a thick chocolate shake that makes it almost too thick to drink with texture so similar to homemade ice cream.
What is in a Wendy's Frosty Recipe
I have seen several recipes that involve a gallon of milk. I mastered the art of reducing this recipe to actually fit into my 2-quart ice cream maker. Plus two quarts seems to be the right amount of ice cream for our family to eat till we want to bust. But it is three simple ingredients.
- Chocolate milk - The kind premade and bought at the grocery store
- Sweet and Condensed Milk - The can of golden sweetness. It is thick like syrup. The can of milk in itself is a treat. But it is important to making this frosty.
- Cool Whip - Not whipped cream, the fake stuff. The tub of cool whip is a must. You will be fine. You just put two dairy products in the ice cream maker.
How to Make Copycat Wendy's Frosty?
The homemade copycat Wendy's Frosty recipe is pretty easy. I mixed it all in the ice cream maker. No need to dirty more dishes, right? Pour the milk in, followed by the cool whip and finally the sweet and condensed milk. Turn on and make some frosties.
It took my ice cream maker about 30 minutes to make the copycat Wendy's Frosty. I would stir several times throughout the churning since the lid is open. Mainly just to get a taste to make sure it tasted ok.
While the fast food joint doesn't serve with cool whip, I had some left so I added some to the top of the frosty along with a cherry for good measure. Because everything is better with a cherry on top.
Ice Cream Treat Recipes
Go ahead and get the ice cream maker out and make some frosties.
Homemade Copycat Wendy's Frosty Recipe
- 8 cups of Pre-mixed Chocolate Milk
- ¾ cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cool whip topping
- In a two-quart ice cream maker combine the chocolate milk, sweetened condensed milk, and cool whip.
- Stir to combine. Place mixer insert and lid on ice cream maker and turn on.
- Run until ice cream has a milkshake consistency.
- Serve immediately.
- Don't worry about leftovers, there won't be any!
Affiliate links were used
- Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail - October 7, 2022
- Apple Cider Amaretto Sour - September 30, 2022
- Island Lemonade Punch - August 21, 2022
Sounds like a good ice cream recipe to try. But just so your readers can buy the correct ingredients, it's called sweetened condensed milk, not sweet and condensed milk. Check the can to verify. Lol
Flavor is close, not strong enough but the texture wasn’t right. I expected a cool smooth texture like a frosty, but it was icy. My chocolate milk is made from 1% milk so maybe if my store sold a full fat version…but the taste still wouldn’t be there completely.
Kristin L Summers
My grandma made this but also used whole milk and extra chocolate syrup it was delicious