I love margaritas. So when I got inspired by a bottle of Prosecco to make it into champagne margaritas for a crowd one night when I was getting together with some of my best friends, I was completely in love with the results of these strawberry and jalapeno champagne margaritas.
Mix and let set.
You are halfway to champagne margaritas.
The base of a good margarita is good tequila. And good tequila is decided by the drinker. I prefer the silver tequila over gold tequila. I also prefer 100% agave tequila. But you buy and use what you like. I am just telling you what I like.
Now, I take a 16-ounce container of frozen strawberries and partially thaw them and pour into the bottom of the two-quart pitcher. Follow that up with a heavy pour of tequila. I do ¾ cup of chilled tequila. Then I squeeze the juice from two limes over top. Let that mixture just meld together.
Then, when you are good and ready. Add the sparkling wine. Champagne. Prosecco. Cava. Whatever your pleasure.
Stir together and add some slices of lime and jalapeños. Yes, I know, I have a problem with jalapeños since I put them in all my margaritas. Leave them out if you are afraid of the heat. But trust me, it won't be.
Now, if you are not a strawberry fan, substitute another fruit to make these champagne margaritas. Blackberry or raspberry would also be good. Go for frozen mango. However, since the fruit will be sans the syrup, you may want to make some simple syrup to add to the mix. A quarter cup of simple syrup should work.
I know I have your attention. Go ahead, go drop the bottle of tequila in the freezer if it isn't there yet and pull out some frozen fruit. There is time still tonight to make yourself a whole pitcher of margaritas.
- 1, 16 ounce container of frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- ¾ cup of tequila
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 bottle of extra dry prosecco
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- Partially thaw out a frozen container of strawberries. Pour in the bottom of a two-quart pitcher.
- Pour tequila and lime juice over strawberries and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Pour Prosecco into tequila and strawberry mixture before serving.
- Add slices of lime and jalapeño to a pitcher or each margarita individually as a garnish.
- Spicy Margarita Recipe - Fresh Jalapeno Margaritas - April 23, 2021
- Rosé and Cream Floats - Wine Float Recipe - March 11, 2021
- Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink - Coconut Strawberry Drink - January 30, 2021