Amaretto Sours are always a great cocktail for almost any occasion. But for fall, you will want a fall version of the sour. Apple Cider Amaretto Sour drink is the perfect fall cocktail that is sweet and crisp, great for sipping around a campfire. The recipe is simple with just lemon juice, apple cider, and amaretto shaken together for drink that won't get you drunk too fast.
The apple cider amaretto sour is definitely inspired by the amaretto stone sour. and the whiskey sour. But I didn't have an apple cider version. Since the caramel apple vodka cocktail is always so popular I decided, I needed to make an apple amaretto sour.
Apple Amaretto Sour Ingredients
three basic ingredients and some premium garnishes get this apple amaretto sour to be one of your favorite drinks of fall.
- Apple cider - Fresh apple cider is the best for this recipe. I wouldn't recommend apple juice but rather a frozen apple cider concentrate if you can't find fresh apple cider in your grocery store.
- Lemon juice - A half of a lemon is what you need for one cocktail. So you might as well buy a fresh lemon for the recipe.
- Amaretto - Like any liquor, amaretto can come at various price points. My recommendation is the Disaronno Amaretto.
- Apple and lemon slices - Garnish is key to this apple sour becoming a "fancy" cocktail.
- Maraschino Cherries - I am obsessed with Luxardo Maraschino cherries. These cherries are fantastic in the cocktail. Traditional maraschino cherries will work too.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make an Apple Cider Amaretto Sour
This apple drink is made by mixing the ingredients over ice in a cocktail shaker. Here is the direction on how to make this apple cider amaretto drink.
Combine the apple cider, lemon juice, and amaretto in a cocktail shaker.
Add ice or be sure to pour the ingredients over the ice.
Pour the apple amaretto cocktail into a cocktail glass over ice.
Garnish with a Luxardo maraschino cherry, apple slice, and lemon slice.
This apple cider drink is delicious cold but warm apple cider could definitely be doctored up with the lemon juice and amaretto too.
Hint: If you have all your ingredients cold before making the iced cocktail, you will have less melting of the ice and more flavor in the apple sour.
Apple Sour Drink Variations
Change up this apple cocktail with the additions or substitutions of these ingredients.
- Apple Pucker- Change out the lemon juice for apple pucker to have a sweeter and even more sour apple sour cocktail.
- Whiskey - Make it an apple whiskey sour but switching whiskey into the recipe and taking the amaretto out of the recipe.
- Kid friendly - Make this a mocktail by just living the amaretto out and hitting it with a splash of ginger ale or Sprite.
Home Bar Equipment
Having home bar equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Shakers, shots, and glasses are just a few things you will want to have stocked in your home bar. Here are my favorite bar equipment items.
Apple Cider Drink Recipes
Every fall there is a great debate between whether apple and pumpkin spice flavors are superior. Here are the best apple drink recipes you need each fall.
Apple Amaretto Sour Cocktail Recipe
- 2 ounces Amaretto
- ½ Lemon Lemon Juice
- 2 ounces Apple Cider
- Maraschino cherries, Apple Slices and lemon Slices for garnish
- Fill a cocktail mixer with ice. Pour the amaretto, lemon juice, and apple cider over the ice.
- Shake to combine.
- Pour apple amaretto sour over ice into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish the apple cider amaretto sour with maraschino cherries, apple slices, and lemon slices.
- Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail - October 7, 2022
- Apple Cider Amaretto Sour - September 30, 2022
- Island Lemonade Punch - August 21, 2022
Leave a Reply