It doesn't matter how good other combinations of booze and apple cider drinks are out there, the Apple Crown Royal and apple cider are brought up as the best apple cider cocktail. I can't say that they are wrong about this combination of crown and apple. It was a great marriage of flavors.
Just like vodkas and rums, whiskeys are now offering seasonal flavors like peach and apple. Crown royal has been on this trend for a while, hence the rage for apple cider whiskey cocktails that can be both hot and cold in the fall.
This was inspired by my Jim Beam Apple Cocktail on Farmwife Drinks, but pairs well with the apple whiskey instead of bourbon. Two-ingredient cocktails are my favorite kind of drink to make, and this apple cider drink is no different.
Apple Cider Cocktail Ingredients
Two ingredient cocktails are simple to make and the right two ingredients can come together with a surprising amount of flavor. It is no different with this apple cider drink.
- Apple Cider - Fresh apple cider in the fall is so easy to get. Apple juice is not a substitute for apple cider.
- Crown Royal Apple Whiskey - While there are many apple whiskeys out in the market, this apple whiskey was made by Crown Royal. The Canadian made whiskey is a favorite on the Beyer Farm, so naturally so is the apple version.
- Apple Slices - A good garnish isn't required but is fun to have. A slice of apple on the rim is all you need.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to a Make Apple Whiskey Cocktail
The start of any great whiskey cocktail is a large ice block. I did make some large block ice cubes ahead of time for these cocktails. The ice block could also be made with apple cider.
Combine the apple cider and whiskey in a cocktail shaker. Shake to mix.
Drop one of those large ice cubes into a cocktail glass.
Pour the shaken apple cider cocktail over the large cube of ice.
Garnish with a slice of apple and enjoy.
This apple cider cocktail can also be made by the pitcher. Combine the whiskey and apple cider in a pitcher and serve the drinks faster and without any clean up while your are entertaining.
Variations to Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktails
If you love this combination but want to switch it up a little bit, here are different variations to this delicous apple cider drink.
- Hot Apple Cider and Whiskey - Create a warm version of this cocktail with a crock pot full of apple cider.
- Bourbon - More of a fan of bourbon than whiskey. I have you covered with the Jim Beam Apple cocktail too.
- Frozen Apple Cider Slushies - Make the cocktail and freeze it for a more slush type drink. Frozen apple cider cocktail is also delicious. Just splash with apple cider to help melt it when you pull it out of the freezer.
- Kid friendly - If the kids are wanting a fun apple cider mocktail - Make this with a splash of lemonade and ginger ale.
Home Bar Equipment
Having a well-stocked home bar with the equipment to make cocktails whenever you desire is important for the cocktail enthusiast. Build your bar for the perfect whiskey drinks with a few of my favorite items to make great drinks with great tools.
How to Store Cocktails
This cocktail is super easy to make, but you can make it ahead of time.
- Refrigerating Leftovers - You can store leftovers of the apple cider cocktail in the fridge for up to three days.
- Freezing Leftovers - Frozen apple cider whiskey slushies can also be made with leftovers. Just pop the leftovers in a freezer bag and pull out later.
Apple Cider Drinks
A good apple cider cocktail is good, but multiple apple cider drinks are better. It can be a fun fall party idea to have a variety of cocktails made with apple cider for guests to try. Here are a few of our favorites that are also super easy to make.
Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail
- 1 shot Apple Whiskey like Crown Royal Apple
- ¾ cup apple cider
- Apple slice for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour the bourbon and the apple cider over the ice. Place the lid on the shaker and shake the combination for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour the shaken cocktail over ice in rocks cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with an apple slice.