Mango Magic Smoothie is the current smoothie obsession by my swimmer that is made as a copycat to the Tropical Smoothie Cafe smoothie with just three simple ingredients of mango, pineapple, and greek yogurt. The amount of money spent on smoothies has caused me to figure out how to master the making of the best copycat smoothies I can. The kids said I have nailed this Mango Magic Smoothie.
If you are on the fence about owning a Ninja Blender, smoothies are one of the reasons I am glad I have a Ninja. These mango pineapple smoothies blend up in a minute with the smoothie cups on the blender. It completely manhandles the frozen fruit.
Mango Magic Smoothie Ingredients
Three ingredients get you on the smoothie bandwagon. Now, what I can say is you do have some flexibility in the ingredients in terms of the form or kind.
- Mangos – Frozen mango is easy to get in almost any grocery store.
- Pineapple – Frozen, fresh, or canned work.
- Greek yogurt – Plan, vanilla, or pineapple greek yogurt works fine.
Tips for the ingredients:
- At least one or both of the fruits need to be frozen for the coldest, thickest smoothie.
- In a pinch, pineapple juice alone can be used.
- Regular yogurt can be used in place of the greek yogurt in this smoothie. I have even used peach yogurt in this smoothie recipe.
- Pineapple sorbet or orange sorbet has been used in a pinch in place of yogurt.
How to Make a Pineapple Mango Smoothie
To make this smoothie, layer the frozen mango, yogurt, and pineapple in the blender cup. It can also be made in a normal blender as well. I use a ratio of 2 parts mango to one part of pineapple yogurt and one part of the pineapple. If I am not using pineapple and juice instead, you will want to use more like a half part of the juice.
Place the blender in the fastest mode and let it whip the smoothie into smoothness. I put the frozen fruit farthest from the blade as it sometimes doesn’t have enough liquid and makes it hard to get the smoothie going. When it is all blended I stir with a spoon.
Go ahead and garnish with some chunks of the frozen fruit. Or fresh mango and pineapple if you have it. Drop a thick drinking straw in it and call it an easy breakfast you can take with you out the door.
Mango Magic Smoothie - Tropical Smoothie Copycat
- 1 ½ cup frozen mango
- 1 cup pineapple - frozen or canned
- 8 ounces greek yogurt - pineapple flavor
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- Dump each of the fruits into a blender cup. Spoon the yogurt into the blender.
- Blend for about a minute to completely puree the fruit. Add more pineapple juice to make the smoothie more pourable or liquid.
- Serve with extra frozen fruit and a fun straw.