Are you looking for a one of a kind summertime cocktail that is sure to make all your friends happy? Then look no further than the Trash Can Cocktail!
This rare and unique recipe has made its way around some of the most iconic summer swimming holes, beach bonfires and outdoor gatherings.
The combination of tropical fruits (pineapple, oranges, limes), moonshine (or vodka) and ginger ale creates an amazing flavor that everyone can enjoy.
Perfect for making memories with friends during warm summer nights or days filled with good vibes – this impressive libation brings excitement to any social gathering!
So Fun to Make The Trash Can Cocktail is a Rare Treat
If you're looking for a cocktail that's equal parts refreshing and environmentally friendly, then look no further than the Trash Can Cocktail!
This unique drink originated in the Pacific Northwest as a way to celebrate the region's commitment to sustainability. But don't let the name fool you - there's nothing trashy about this cocktail.
Made with fruit juices and a splash of vodka and gin, it's a tasty and fun way to unwind after a long day.
Picture this: you're sitting on your porch on a warm summer evening, feeling the weight of the day slip away.
What could make this moment even better? A refreshing cocktail, of course!
Here's what you need to whip up a tasty concoction:
- Triple Sec
- Blue Curacao
- Red Bull
See recipe card for quantities.
Step 1: In a large glass add in Vodka, Gin, Rum, Tequila, Triple Sec and Blue Curacao.
Step 2: Add in 2-4 ice cubes.
Step 3: Pour in Red Bull can and leave it in the glass upside down.
Sip away, my friend - this drink is sure to complete your perfect summer evening.
Why is it called the "Trash Can" cocktail?
Looking for a new drink to mix up at your next party? Look no further than the Trash Can Cocktail!
This concoction is not only delicious, but it comes with a fun backstory.
Legend has it that the name is inspired by the 1979 film "The Jerk," in which Steve Martin's character invents a drink using whatever random ingredients he can find in the trash can.
While I don't recommend using actual trash in your cocktail, this drink does call for a mix of different liquors and juices to create a unique and tasty drink.
Give it a try and impress your friends with your newfound mixology skills!
What do you serve with Trash Can Punch?
Looking to elevate your cocktail game? Look no further than the world of food!
The perfect pairing can take your drink from ordinary to extraordinary.
Start with some classic bar snacks like spicy mixed nuts or crispy fried cheese curds.
Feeling fancy? Whip up some caviar-topped deviled eggs or mini lobster rolls.
And don't forget about dessert! Boozy treats like rum-spiked tiramisu or chocolate truffles infused with Grand Marnier are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
For those looking for a bit more sustenance, try serving up a whole meal alongside your drink.
An elegant charcuterie board, refreshing ceviche, or hearty BBQ ribs are all excellent choices.
So next time you're mixing up a libation, don't forget the food!
Home Bar Equipment
Having a well-stocked home bar with the equipment to make cocktails whenever you desire is important for the cocktail enthusiast. Build your bar for the perfect cocktail drinks with a few of my favorite items to make great drinks with great tools.
How to Store Cocktails
This cocktail is super easy to make, but you can make it ahead of time.
- Refrigerating Leftovers - You can store leftovers of the trash can cocktail in the fridge for up to three days.
- Freezing Leftovers - Frozen trash can slushies can also be made with leftovers. Just pop the leftovers in a freezer bag and pull out later.
Tips for Making Stronger Cocktails
- Start with high-quality ingredients and don't skimp on the spirits.
- Use fresh juices, herbs, and spices to add layers of flavor.
- Balance sweet and sour flavors by adding a bit of sugar or citrus juice where needed.
- Consider using liqueurs for additional complexity.
- Experiment with different combinations until you find something that works for your taste buds.
- Use less ice in cocktails as it can dilute drinks too quickly.
- Stir rather than shake when mixing drinks so they stay cold without watering down the alcohol content too much.
- Add sweetness sparingly; if a drink tastes too sweet, add some bitters to balance it out.
- Store all relevant ingredients together in one place so you have quick access when making drinks at home or behind a bar counter!
Tips for Making Chillier Cocktails
The heat of the summer can quickly make your cocktails warm. Here are a few tips for keeping your cocktails cool.
- Freeze your Booze - Keep your vodka in the freezer in the summer. It will make your booze more syrupy but the cocktail ice cold.
- Chill your Juices - Always have your mixers in the fridge. This means your juices too. Don't just keep your unopened juices on the shelf.
- Refrigerate your Fruit - When using citrus, pop it in the fridge to chill it as well. It can act as ice cubes. While this recipe doesn't call for fruit, using frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit also helps keep drinks chilled.
The Trash Can Cocktail is a powerful concoction that packs a punch!
The combination of spirits and juices makes for an incredibly tantalizing taste, giving you the opportunity to be creative when customizing your own version.
Whether you like your drinks bold or light, sour or sweet, the possibilities are endless if you just start thinking outside the box.
By utilizing different flavor combinations, garnishes, and serving ideas, you can turn this classic drink into something all your own.
Take it from from me: never underestimate the power of the Trash Can Cocktail - it's sure to make any gathering an unforgettable experience!
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Gin
- 1 oz Rum
- 1 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- 1 can Red Bull
- 1 Ice
- In a large glass add in Vodka, Gin, Rum, Tequila, Triple Sec and Blue Curacao.1 oz Vodka, 1 oz Gin, 1 oz Rum, 1 oz Tequila, 1 oz Triple Sec, 1 oz Blue Curacao
- Add in 2-4 ice cubes.1 Ice
- Pour in Red Bull can and leave it in the glass upside down.1 can Red Bull
Leave a Reply