As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tequila Sunrise is an orange juice and tequila cocktail made smooth with the addition of cherries and grenadine made famous in the 70s by Mick Jagger. So the tequila sunrise is truly a cocktail that rocks. But, seriously, this simple tequila cocktail is worth the try if you are looking for a change-up for how you are mixing your tequila.
Tequila Sunrise Ingredients
- Tequila – I prefer silver to gold tequila but either will work
- Orange Juice – Pulp free is the route I go, but if pulp is your thing go with it.
- Maraschino cherries – And their juice. You can also use grenadine.
How to Make A Tequila Sunrise
The combination of ingredients for a tequila sunrise is two parts of orange juice to one part of tequila to a half part of cherry juice. So if you want an easy cocktail look no farther. Start by adding the tequila and orange juice to a shaker. Then fill a glass with ice to pour the orange juice and tequila into. Then pour the grenadine slowly into the orange juice and tequila.
Love tequila and want more ideas of cocktails? Check some of these cocktails out.
- 1 shot Tequila
- 2 shots Orange juice
- 1/2 shot grenadine
- Combine the tequila and orange juice with ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake to combine.
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Pour the orange juice and tequila over the ice.
- Slowly pour the cherry juice or grenadine into the cocktail. Then top off with cherries.