Sunrise Sunset Smoothie is a mango, pineapple, strawberry, orange juice smoothie that is the copycat version of the Tropical Smoothie sunrise sunset smoothie. The smoothie is made easy with a high-powered blender and frozen fruit. They were so surprised at how good the smoothie was, everyone wanted a second smoothie.
Sunrise Sunset Smoothie Ingredients
Frozen fruit is your friend with this smoothie recipe. I buy mixed fruit from a couple of different places. You can tell just from the picture of frozen fruit, I have bags of frozen fruit from Sam's Club, Target, and Trader Joe's. To make this smoothie here is what frozen fruit you will need to have on hand:
- Mango - Chunks work perfectly in this recipe. The frozen mango is perfect.
- Pineapple - both canned and frozen work in this recipe. If you use frozen then you will also need some pineapple juice.
- Strawberries - Frozen or fresh work here as well. However, if you don't use frozen fruit with the other two options, use frozen.
- Orange Juice - To make the smoothie pourable, you will need to use orange juice. This will also keep the flavors full of citrus.
How to Make a Mango Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie
A good blender is key to easily making this smoothie. My Ninja rocked making this smoothie. I have never regretted paying for this expensive blender.
To start, pour half a pound or equal parts of the mango, pineapple, and strawberries into the blender. Then pour the orange juice over the fruit.
Then blend then hit the blend button. I literally hit the button and walked away. It took about a minute to get the fruit pureed into the sunrise sunset smoothie. The combination of the three fruits and orange juice truly turned into the color of the sunrise or sunset.
If the smoothie is not pourable, stir in more orange juice a quarter of a cup at a time. This will be enough to make two copycat Tropical Smoothie sunrise sunset smoothies. The mango, pineapple, and strawberry smoothies can be topped off with extra pieces of frozen fruit.
This Tropical Smoothie Sunrise Sunset smoothie is going to be a favorite all summer long. My kids have a few favorite frozen slushee like drinks they like to make all summer. Here are a few of the kids' favorite frozen drinks.
Frozen Fruit Smoothies
Sunrise Sunset Smoothie - Tropical Smoothie Copycat
- ½ pound frozen mango
- ½ pound frozen pineapple
- ½ pound frozen strawberries
- 1 ¼ cup orange juice
- Dump each of the fruits into a large blender. Pour the orange juice over the top of the fruit.
- Blend for about a minute to completely puree the fruit. Add more orange juice to make the smoothie more pourable or liquid.
- Serve with extra frozen fruit and a fun straw.