As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The love affair with gin continues with this French 75 cocktail. My first experience with a French 75 was an accident. I accidentally ordered a French 75 thinking it would be like my favorite martini, the French Martini. While the two are both delicious, they are not similar. A French 75 is a combination of lemon juice, simple syrup and gin topped off with prosecco.
Making a French 75 is so simple. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, you will add the gin, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup. I am all in the Tanqueray Rangpur Gin. If you are a gin drinker and haven’t tried this gin, you need to get this gin on your liquor list.
Shake the combination for a good 20 seconds. It should be good and cold when you are done shaking it. I also rimmed my champagne glasses with sugar to be extra. I’m a little extra naturally, so I might as well make my cocktails extra. I also have a variety of champagne glasses, both stemmed champagne and stemless champagne glasses. Use the glasses you prefer.
Pour the gin combination through a strainer in the glass and then top off with the prosecco, champagne, cave or sparkling wine. Don’t know what the difference is? Don’t worry, it is all sparkling, bubbly wine. They are just all made in different parts of the world.
Feel free to garnish the French 75 cocktail with a lemon twist as well.
- Cocktail Shaker
- 1 shot gin
- 1/2 shot lemon juice
- 1/2 shot simple syrup
- 1/4 cup Champagne or Prosecco
- lemon twist or sugar
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Shake the combination for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour the gin combination into champagne glasses and top off with the prosecco.
- Garnish with a lemon twist. Also feel free to rim the glasses with sugar before making the cocktails.
Latest posts by Leah Beyer (see all)
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate – Kahlua or Baileys Hot Chocolate - November 30, 2019
- Sparkling Ginger Apple Cider Sangria - November 17, 2019
- Frozen Mudslides – Boozy Chocolate Milkshake - October 26, 2019