When people think martinis, they think shaken or stirred, dirty or dry, olives or twist. Don't get me wrong, a good dirty martini makes me happy. But my go-to happy martini is the French Martini. I have had so many French Martinis over the years, I could definitely make these cocktails in my home bar.
What is in a French Martini
Don't be scared of a martini. But, be warned the largest part of the drink is vodka, so it won't take many to make you happy as a farm wife. Three ingredients and you are on your way.
- Vodka - A high-end vodka like Kettle One or Chambord works best for martinis. However, vanilla vodka is also delicious in this
- Chambord - This black raspberry liqueur is velvety smooth. It is truly a fancy fruity liqueur that I love in many different cocktails.
- Pineapple juice - The pineapple juice just brings a little non-booze to this cocktail.
That is all.
A garnish of black raspberry, blackberry, or raspberry can also be added to this black raspberry martini.
In a cocktail shaker, add ice followed by vodka, Chambord, and pineapple juice. I make my French Martini 2 parts vodka, 1 part Chambord and ½ part pineapple juice.
Shake the liquor and pour it into a martini glass. Garnish with raspberries or a lemon twist.
Since you have a bottle of Chambord you might as well enjoy a French Mimosa. They are delicious!
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 1 ounce Chambord
- ½ ounce pineapple juice
- Combine the ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Shake.
- Pour into martini glass.
- Garnish with raspberries, if desired.