As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When I was traveling to Florida recently I experienced the most amazing cocktail at the Ritz-Carlton Sarasota called the Siren. This Siren cocktail is full of booze and has a crisp citrus flavor using both grapefruit and lemon juices with just a touch of sweet and tartness. Luckily I was able to take a cocktail making class and learned from the Jack Dusty bartenders just how to make the Siren cocktail.
The great thing about this cocktail is it can be made with gin or vodka making it perfect for both people looking for a great gin or vodka cocktail. Cranberry and grapefruit juice made into ice cubes makes this a perfect fruity summer cocktail.
I will admit, this cocktail has a few more ingredients than a lot of my cocktail recipes have in them. However, I loved the Siren so much I thought it was worth it. Plus the only ingredient I didn’t already have on hand was the St. Germain elderflower liquor.
Since I am obsessed with gin, I made this with gin the first time. It was amazing. And since I made a whole tray of grapefruit juice and cranberry juice ice cubes, I decided I should also try it with vodka too. I used Simply brand juices in the refrigerator section for my ice cubes. Feel free to squeeze your own grapefruit juice for these cocktails.
To make the cocktail, in a cocktail shaker filled with ice combine 1 shot of St. Germain, 3 shots of gin or vodka, a shot of lemon juice and a tablespoon of simple sugar. Shake to combine the liquors and lemon juice.
Add one or two of the fruit juice ice cubes to a large wine glass. Pour the shaken cocktail over the top of the ice cubes. Top off the cocktail with prosecco by pouring over the top of the liquor. I added equal parts of prosecco to the liquor combination.
As the ice cubes melt, the color and flavor of this cocktail also evolves. As you drink the cocktail you will get a changing flavor. It doesn’t matter if you are a gin lover or a vodka lover, this siren cocktail will be one of your new favorite cocktails.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Ice Cube Tray
- 1 shot St. Germain Elderflower Liquor
- 3 shots Gin or Vodka
- 1 shot Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1 bottle Prosecco or Champagne
- 1 cup grapefruit juice and cranberry juice
- Freeze the grapefruit juice and cranberry juice in ice cube tray.
- When ice cubes are solid or it is time to cocktail, combine the St. Germain, Gin or Vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a shaker. Shake to combine.
- Add one or two of each type of fruit juice ice cubes to a large wine glass. Pour the shaken cocktail over the ice cubes.
- Top the cocktail off with prosecco or champagne.
shared on weekend potluck.
Latest posts by Leah Beyer (see all)
- Low-Carb Cocktails and Keto Drinks - January 3, 2020
- Mimosa Bar Ideas - December 22, 2019
- Orange Cranberry Vodka Cocktail – Christmas Eve Cocktail - December 15, 2019