Decorating the Christmas tree. Watching Hallmark movies. Post sledding or skiing. All of these are reasons you need to make this insanely good crock pot hot chocolate. Looking for a boozy hot chocolate, this is it too. Add some spirit to the hot chocolate to make Kahlua hot chocolate or Baileys hot chocolate. Don’t be afraid to add some peppermint schnapps either.
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate is a rich hot chocolate that melts chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, and whole milk beautifully together for the most insanely good hot chocolate. Stir in some Kahlua or Baileys for spiked hot cocoa. Topped off with marshmallows or whipped cream and you have the perfect cup of hot cocoa.
There are a lot of different recipes for slow cooker hot chocolate, but I decided to use my Rumchate crock pot white hot chocolate as inspiration. By doing that the ingredients were very similar. You will need whole milk, heavy whipping cream, and sweetened condensed
In two hours you will be sipping on the richest hot cocoa you have ever had. To begin, pour the sweetened condensed milk in the bottom of a three-quart crock pot. Then pour a 12-ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips over the sweetened condensed milk.
Finish it off by adding heavy whipping cream and whole milk to the crock pot. It will almost completely fill the crock pot if you are using a 3-quart crock pot.
Finish the crock pot hot chocolate off with a touch of vanilla. Stir to combine it all together. Place the lid on the crock pot and let it cook on high for two hours. Stir after the first hour and then again after the second. How the cocoa will look after hour one and hour two can be seen below.
Get your booze gathered as well as the marshmallows and the whipped cream to top the hot chocolate.
To each mug of crock pot hot chocolate, you can add a shot of Kahlua or Baileys. Then top off with mini marshmallows or whipped cream or both if you are my kids.
Kahlua was my pick since I love coffee. Kahlua Hot Chocolate is the sweet combination of hot chocolate with coffee liqueur to form a boozy hot mocha drink. This is Kahlua hot cocoa is my favorite hot cocoa.
Boozy Hot Chocolate Recipes
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate with Kahlua or Baileys
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1, 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1, 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sliced open
- 6 shots of Baileys or Kahlua Optional
- Combine all the ingredients into a crock pot and stir together until combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring after the first hour. Continue to cook until the mixture is hot and chocolate chips are completely melted. Stir occasionally to check.
- Stir well before serving each mug. Add a shot of Baileys or Kahlua to each mug wanting spike hot chocolate.
- Garnish as desired with whip cream or marshmallows.
- Toasted Coconut Rum Pineapple Cream Cocktail - December 19, 2020
- French Vanilla Hot Chocolate Mix – Mason Jar Drink Mix Gift - December 7, 2020
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Rum Cocktail – Pink Drink Cocktail - November 27, 2020