My kids love mint chocolate anything. Ice cream. York Peppermint Patties. Oreos. Andes Mints. Everything mint chocolate is a hit here. If you we go to a coffee shop it is Starbuck mint hot chocolate or Dunking Donuts mint hot chocolate. So, I decided to use my stockpile of Andes Mints to make this Crock Pot Andes Mint Hot Chocolate.
This hot chocolate was sweet and decadent and smooth. All the things one would imagine when you combine Andes mints with milk and a few other rich ingredients.
How to Make Mint Hot Chocolate?
Let me be honest, the recipe evolved after I started making it. I was really thinking I would make it just like Farmwife Feeds Dove Hot Chocolate.
Then this recipe for Andes Mints is the candy I can use to make this mint hot chocolate. Now here are the ingredients you need for this delicious creme de menthe inspired cocoa.
- Milk - While you can also use 2% milk for this, fat is flavor and you will want the whole milk for this rich and decadent hot cocoa. Obviously, I used 2% when I made this for pictures, but I now am full-on for the whole milk.
- Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips - Mint candies can also be used in this recipe if you can find baking chips. The creme de menthe baking chips just are so easy to use.
- Heavy Cream - Because fat is flavor. And the heavy whipping cream makes so much flavor.
- Cocoa Powder - Chocolate people, we need more chocolate. The baking chips didn't make it chocolatey enough for me. I will say, chocolate chips can also work.
- Powdered Sugar - We have to sweeten the pot. Literally. So this is how you do it, add powdered sugar. Regular granulated sugar can be used too.
Seemed to be the perfect ingredients to make a Christmas hot cocoa recipe.
How to Make Crock Pot Andes Mint Cocoa
But it just didn't seem quite decadent enough. It was not rich enough. So I decided I needed to add more chocolate. I decided to add cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Making this cocoa with chocolate chips would also work perfectly. Stirred to combine and let warm-up for the next two hours.
Hot cocoa isn't finished until you top it. Whipped cream is the way to go.
The Andes baking chips are also a perfect topping too. If you are a more of a mini marshmallow fan, go ahead and use mini marshmallows too.
Spiked Andes Mint Hot Chocolate
And if you are a fan of spiking your hot chocolate, this spike Andes mint hot chocolate is perfect for you.
A shot of creme de cocoa would work just fine too. I always have both on hand for making a grasshopper whenever the idea crosses my hand. I guess my kids get their love of mint chocolate honestly.
Go ahead and get the crock pot out and start making this Andes mint hot chocolate.
Hot Chocolate Recipes
Crock Pot Andes Mint Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Andes Mints baking chips
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Creme de Menthe and Creme de Cocoa Optional
- Combine the milk, heavy cream, Andes mints, cocoa, and powdered sugar into a 3-quart crock pot.
- Set the crock pot on high for two hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Once the baking chips are melted, move the crock pot to low heat.
- Serve in mugs and garnish with whipped cream and baking chips.
- To make a spiked version, add a shot of creme de menthe or creme de cocoa to each mug.
Affiliate links were used in this post