As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
While hot chocolate is awesome, I personally love mochas better. This crock pot peppermint mocha recipe takes the peppermint hot cocoa recipe up a notch with the addition of coffee. It can be taken up another notch with the addition of creme de cocoa and peppermint schnapps.
The beautiful thing about combining coffee to the base recipe is you can still have a kid friendly version, if need be. You can just fill half your coffee mug with coffee and then pour the peppermint cocoa in to top it off. OR….
You can just put the coffee in the crock pot with the hot cocoa recipe. Which is what I prefer because the coffee and chocolate merry together better.
Christmas parades. Late night gift-wrapping. Watching the Christmas movies that play 24/7 on the Hallmark station are all reasons to keep these ready at all times in the crock pot.
Crock Pot Peppermint Mochas
- 4 cups of milk
- 4 cup of coffee
- 6 crushed starlight mints
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 4 shots of peppermint schnapps Optional
- 4 shots of creme de cocoa Optional
- Place the crushed starlight mints in the crock pot. Add chocolate chips over top the mints.
- Pour milk and coffee over top and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for an hour and then stir with a whisk.
- Cook an additional an hour. Stir before serving.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed peppermints.