French vanilla hot chocolate mix and a bottle of Rumchata is an easy to make mason jar drink mix gift made with dried milk, Nesquik, french vanilla creamer, pudding, and powdered sugar. The gift is a perfect idea for the people in your life who you want to give something special to during the holidays that they personally can enjoy or share with others. This French Vanilla Hot Chocolate is a delicious homemade hot chocolate mix.
Hot chocolate mix in a jar is also a fun gift you can make with your kids for gifts they can give to coaches, teachers, and friends as a gift as well. Adding a little fun bottle of booze is totally optional but a fun little addition to the gift.
French Vanilla Hot Cocoa Mix Ingredients
The ingredients for this French vanilla hot cocoa mix are a unique combination of ingredients that are not typical ingredients I am used to traditional hot chocolate mix recipes. Here are the ingredients you will need to make this French Vanilla Hot Chocolate:
- Powdered Milk
- French Vanilla Coffee Creamer – Powdered Kind
- French Vanilla Pudding
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make French Vanilla Hot Cocoa Mix in a Jar
To make this mason jar hot cocoa mix, you will start with a large 8-quart mixing bowl where you will dump all the French Vanilla hot chocolate ingredients into.
Gently stir the powders together to combine them into one large batch of hot chocolate mix. The powder will be a very light brown color. It will not look that chocolaty.
Now, grab your mason jars – pint or quart – to fill with the French vanilla hot chocolate mix. Secure the lid on each jar. This recipe will make three-pint jars of the mix. The fun part of this gift is getting your tags and ribbons picked out to secure the various directions and booze bottles.
I found some great tags at TJ Maxx and Target that worked perfectly for these mason jars.
Write the directions on how to make the hot chocolate mix. For this recipe, you will mix 3 heaping tablespoons of French Vanilla Hot Chocolate Mix with one cup of hot water. Stir to combine. Top off with Rumchata, Kahlua, or Baileys or whipped cream and marshmallows.
Hot Chocolate Recipes
This post is sponsored by the Glass Barn, Indiana Soybean and Corn Farmers but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
French Vanilla Hot Chocolate Mix in a Jar
- 3 cups Powdered Milk
- ½ cup French Vanilla Dry Creamer
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3.4 ounce box of French Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 cup Nesquik
- Rumchata, Kahlua, or Baileys Irish Cream
- Mini Marshmallows
- Mix the powdered milk, creamer, powdered sugar, pudding, and Nesquik together.
- Pour the mixture into three, one-pint jars.
- Secure the lid on the jar.
- Attach a mini bottle of liquor or small bag of mini marshmallows.
- Attach a direction card - Mix three heaping tablespoons of mix with one cup of hot water. Top off with liquor or marshmallows.
Share on Weekend Potluck
- Toasted Coconut Rum Pineapple Cream Cocktail - December 19, 2020
- French Vanilla Hot Chocolate Mix – Mason Jar Drink Mix Gift - December 7, 2020
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Rum Cocktail – Pink Drink Cocktail - November 27, 2020