In the mood for something festive and fun? Why not try out this delicious grinch hot cocoa recipe! This drink is perfect for warming up on a cold winter day. It's also a great way to get into the Christmas spirit.
Best of all, it's easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients. Let's get shakin'!
How to Make the Most Delicious Grinch Hot Cocoa
Grinch hot cocoa is the perfect treat for a chilly winter day. Not only does it keep you warm and cozy, but it also brings out the Christmas spirit with its festive green color.
Kids especially love this delicious drink - they can't get enough of it! Serve grinch hot cocoa after sledding or snowman building, or as an after-dinner snack while watching holiday movies.
It's sure to bring smiles all around!
What You Need to Make Grinch Hot Cocoa
This is such a simple and easy hot cocoa recipe, and honestly, I could probably make it in my sleep, but you gotta know what you need to get started, right?! Here's the skinny:
- 4 Tbsp. (2oz) White Chocolate Cocoa Mix
- 1 cup (8oz) Hot Milk
- 1 tsp. Green Food Coloring
- 2 Peppermint Sticks
- ¼ cup (2oz) Whipped Topping
- Red Sprinkles, optional
How to Make Grinch Hot Chocolate
In mug pour hot milk over 4 tbsp. of white cocoa mix.
Add in green food coloring to cocoa.
Pour into a pretty mug if that's your thing - I thought a clear mug was just the tops so you could see that green hot cocoa.
Add in Whipped topping.
Decorate with 2 peppermint sticks and some red sprinkles, if you're inclined.
What's the Best Way to Serve Grinch Hot Cocoa?
This Grinch Hot Cocoa is best served hot, but not piping hot if giving to children - make sure it's cool enough for them before handing it off.
If you top it with whipped cream the cream will melt and add to the warm chocolate goodness and help cool it off, but it may also be a sneaky time-bomb for the unsuspecting that takes a sip of the chocolate beneath. So just make sure you warn everyone and don't make it so hot that it's scalding.
Is This Grinch Hot Cocoa a Vegan Hot Cocoa Recipe?
No, this recipe is not made with vegan ingredients. However, it can easily be adapted to make a vegan version of Grinch Hot Cocoa by using non-dairy milk such as almond or oat milk and vegan whipped topping and vegan white hot cocoa mix.
Is This Grinch Hot Cocoa a Gluten-Free Hot Cocoa Recipe?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free as long as you use a hot cocoa mix that is certified gluten-free. It's worth noting that making sure all of your ingredients are gluten-free would be the trick here, since none of them are typically gluten-based ingredients.
What Can We Add to Hot Cocoa to Make it an Adult Version?
An obvious choice would be Peppermint Schnapps as a peppermint addition to the chocolate cocoa. Creme De Menthe is another great option to turn this Grinch Hot Cocoa into an adult version with a minty twist. But if you don't want to go with peppermint pop,
What Are Some Fun Variations on Grinch Hot Cocoa?
If you're feeling adventurous, there are plenty of ways to give your Grinch hot cocoa an extra special kick. Some of my favorite ideas for hot cocoa variations include:
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa: add a few drops of peppermint extract to the cocoa mix for a refreshing twist.
- Caramel Hot Cocoa: stir in some caramel sauce or syrup into your hot cocoa for an extra sweet flavor.
- Almond Joy Hot Cocoa: stir in crushed almond pieces and coconut flakes to make it taste like an Almond Joy candy bar!
- S'mores Hot Cocoa: top your drink with whipped cream and a skewer of toasted marshmallows for added sweetness and texture.
- Blizzard Hot Cocoa (AKA White Chocolate Hot Cocoa): melt white chocolate chips into the warm milk before adding the cocoa mix, then mix the white cocoa mix into the whipped topping, for extra chocolatey richness!
- Hazelnut Spread Hot Cocoa: swirl hazelnut spread like Nutella on top of your hot cocoa - so delicious!
- Snowman Hot Cocoa (AKA Toasted Coconut Hot Cocoa): sprinkle some toasted coconut flakes over your finished hot cocoa – yum!
Grinch Hot Cocoa
- 4 tablespoon White Chocolate Cocoa Mix
- 1 cup Hot Milk
- 1 teaspoon Green Food Coloring
- 2 sticks Peppermint Sticks
- ¼ cup Whipped Topping
- In mug pour hot milk over 4 tbsp. of white cocoa mix.4 tablespoon White Chocolate Cocoa Mix, 1 cup Hot Milk
- Add in green food coloring to cocoa.1 teaspoon Green Food Coloring
- Add in whipped topping.Decorate with 2 peppermint sticks.2 sticks Peppermint Sticks, ¼ cup Whipped Topping
- 20+ Frozen Mocktails for Every Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drink Lover - September 2, 2023
- 25+ Halloween Drinks for Kids to Make Their Spooky Season Fun - September 1, 2023
- 30+ Chocolate Cocktails and Drinks for Decadent Treats - August 31, 2023