It is no secret to those who know me, I don't enjoy cold weather. When the weather turns cold in the midwest, I can feel the cold all the way to the bone. And I don't like it one bit. Not one bit. But I do like cocoa. And at Christmas, I love to have candy canes. So why not create a crock pot peppermint cocoa that can stay warm all day long.
This crock pot peppermint cocoa recipe has three simple ingredients.
A smaller 2.5 or 3 quart crock pot is perfect for making drinks. Crush a peppermint for each cup of milk you are using for this recipe. I used four cups of milk, so I crushed four starlight mints. If you want a stronger peppermint flavor, add a few more crush mints for good measure.
Add chocolate chips to the crock pot. Pour in four cups of milk over top of the peppermints and chocolate chips. Stir and set the crock pot on low.
Cook for an hour and then stir. Cook for an additional hour. Stir to combine before serving.
Farmwife Drinks Hot Drink Recipes
Looking for more hot drink recipes? Check these other hot drink recipes out.
Crock Pot Peppermint Cocoa
- 4 cups of milk
- 4 crushed starlight mints
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Place the crushed starlight mints in the crock pot. Add chocolate chips over top the mints.
- Pour milk over top and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for an hour and then stir with a whisk.
- Cook an additional an hour. Stir before serving.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed peppermints.