Winter is the perfect time to cozy up with a warm drink. And what could be better than gingerbread hot cocoa? This recipe is easy to make and it's sure to keep you warm all winter long. So grab a mug and get ready to enjoy some of the best hot chocolate you've ever had!
Cozy Up This Winter With a Mug of Gingerbread Hot Cocoa
The cold winter weather is here, and that means it's time to cozy up with a mug of gingerbread hot cocoa! This delicious recipe is perfect for warming up on a chilly day. It is made with real gingerbread spices, so it tastes just like Christmas! Such a simple, sweet and creamy drink, I promise you won't be disappointed.
What You Need to Make Gingerbread Hot Cocoa
Making a mug of gingerbread hot cocoa couldn’t be easier! With just a few simple ingredients, you can create this comforting winter drink in no time. All you need is:
- ½ Tsp. (5ml) Gingerbread Spice
- 2 Tbsp.(30ml) Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 cup (8oz) Hot Milk
- ½ Cup (8oz) Whipped Topping
How to Make Gingerbread Hot Cocoa
Mix together in the mug cocoa mix and gingerbread spice.
Pour in a little hot milk at a time and stir together.
Add in whipped topping and sprinkles.
Then, for fun, add in a gingerbread cookie.
Can You Make This a Vegan Gingerbread Hot Cocoa?
You bet! Simply use your favorite plant-based milk (such as almond, oat or coconut) instead of cow’s milk and opt for a vegan hot cocoa mix.
Is This Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Gluten-Free?
Yes, this gingerbread hot cocoa is gluten-free—if you use a gluten-free hot chocolate mix.
What are Some Fun Variations on Gingerbread Hot Cocoa?
There are so many yummy ways to customize your gingerbread hot cocoa to turn it into your own personal treat. Here are a few of mystery favorite ideas:
- Add a pinch of chili powder for a hint of heat
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top for extra sweetness
- Garnish with vegan mini marshmallows or whipped cream
- Rim the cups with graham cracker crumbs and melted butter
- Add gingerbread-flavored syrup to give your cocoa an extra boost of flavor
- Drizzle some caramel sauce over the top
- Mix in a spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter for added richness and texture
- Use dark chocolate hot cocoa mix instead of regular hot cocoa mix
- Substitute orange juice concentrate for the sweetened condensed milk to create an orange-gingerbread twist!
- Pour into mugs, add a cinnamon stick stirrer, and sprinkle ground nutmeg on top
How to Store Leftover Hot Cocoa
Best way to save extra hot cocoa is to place in sealable container and place in the fridge for up to 3 days. Once you are ready to drink it again simply reheat on the stove or microwave and enjoy all over again.
What Are Some Ideas for Topping Hot Cocoa?
There are so many delicious toppings for hot cocoa out there! Some of the traditional toppings include marshmallows, whipped cream, shaved chocolate, graham crackers crumbs, sprinkles, crushed peppermint candies and cocoa powder. You can also add some variety with flavored syrups like caramel or gingerbread.
What Are Fun Alternative Hot Cocoa Recipes?
I downright love hot cocoa. It's a joy to sip on in the morning or evening - or midday. It's awesome anytime. If I could have a big mug of hot cocoa every day, I would. So, of course, I've come up with some EPIC ideas for hot cocoa that I just need to share:
- Whipped Hot Cocoa
- Grinch Hot Cocoa
- Mexican Hot Cocoa with chili powder and cinnamon
- Salted Caramel White Hot Chocolate
- Coffee Cinnamon Spice Hot Cocoa
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Hot Cocoa
- Peanut Butter Marshmallow Swirl Hot Cocoa
- Hazelnut Nutella Spiked Hot Cocoa
- Mint Chocolate Chip Mocha
- S'mores Inspired Toasted Marshmallow Brownie Batter Hot Cocoa
- Caramel Apple Cider With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Whipped Topping
- Churro Dusted Malted Milk Ball Nutella Stuffed Doughnuts & Salty Pretzel topped Boozy Irish Coffee
Tips to Turn Hot Cocoa Into a Frozen Drink
Hot Cocoa is great for those who love them, but for those who love cold drinks one simple ingredient is all it takes to turn this hot cocoa into a frozen Gingerbread treat. Simply add 1 cup Ice to the hot chocolate and use a blender or the Immersion blender to chill out this hot cocoa recipe. Then you have a gingerbread mocha frappuccino! LOL!
Tips to Turn Gingerbread Hot Cocoa into an Adult Beverage
If you’re looking for a fun way to turn your gingerbread hot cocoa into an adult beverage, consider adding some liqueurs like Baileys, Kahlúa or bourbon. You can also add a shot of espresso or instant coffee to give it an extra kick. Top it off with some of the traditional toppings like marshmallows, whipped cream, and a dash of cinnamon for the perfect winter treat.
Gingerbread Hot Cocoa
- ½ Tsp. Gingerbread spice
- 2 Tbsp. Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 Cup Hot Milk
- ½ Cup Whipped Topping
- Mix together in the mug, cocoa mix and gingerbread spice.½ Tsp. Gingerbread spice, 2 Tbsp. Hot Cocoa Mix
- Pour in a little hot milk at a time and stir together.1 Cup Hot Milk
- Add in whipped topping and add in a gingerbread cookie.½ Cup Whipped Topping
- Classic Oreo Milkshake Recipe: The Perfect Treat for Any Occasion - February 28, 2023
- Cozy Up This Winter With a Mug of Gingerbread Hot Cocoa - February 28, 2023
- Indulge in This Delicious Champagne Ice Cream Float - February 28, 2023
Leave a Reply