Everyone needs a Christmas cocktail. If you are on the hunt for you signature Christmas cocktail, look no further than this combination of vanilla, mint, and coffee flavors that make this White Christmas cocktail recipe a perfect drink for the Christmas season.
Seriously, a drink that looks and tastes like Christmas should taste!
What is in a White Christmas Cocktail
I have shared my grasshopper recipe before, so having creme de menthe on hand is a given for a person like me who has a family obsessed with grasshoppers. Because of this, I have really been trying to develop a cocktail for the creme de menthe. This cocktail is just what you need when you want a non-ice cream dessert drink for the holidays.
- Creme de Menthe - The green version of the creme de menthe if you want this cocktail to be a fun green color.
- Kahlua - The coffee liqueur is what makes a white Russian cocktail the coffee flavor. The same is true for this Christmas version of a white Russian.
- Vanilla Vodka - The trifecta of flavors in the Christmas White Russian with the addition of vanilla vodka. If you don't have vanilla vodka, regular vodka with vanilla extract to the cocktail.
- Cream - Half and half cream works best in this cocktail. You could definitely use milk but it won't have as rich of a flavor.
- Maraschino Cherry - Is it really a cocktail if you don't garnish it with a cherry. This is especially true for this Christmas cocktail, you need to bring the red and green together.
How to Make a Christmas White Russian Cocktail?
Start by filling a cocktail shaker with ice. Fill the shaker with creme de menthe, Kahlua, vanilla vodka, and cream. Give it a few good shakes and then pour over a cocktail glass full of ice.
To make it even more festive, I decided this cocktail needed to be topped off with a cherry on top. Especially if you want to get the Christmas colors all in one glass. Isn't this White Christmas cocktail such a pretty little cocktail.
The flavor combinations are truly heavenly. If you are a person who loves mint anything you will love this cocktail. If you love a White Russian, this drink will be for you. Even those folks who love a peppermint mocha will really enjoy this cocktail.
Christmas Cocktail Ideas
White Christmas Cocktail
- ½ ounce or shot creme de menthe
- 1 ounce or shot vanilla vodka
- 1.5 ounce or shot Kahlua
- 2 ounces or shots Half and Half Cream
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish
- Fill a drink shaker with ice.
- Pour the ingredients over top of the ice. Shake several times to mix.
- Pour into a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.