Rum punch is always just a party in a bowl. Tropical Rum Punch, by the glass or by the bowl, is delicious pineapple and cranberry juices combined with light and dark rum for a festive dark pink colored drink. This rum punch recipe is perfect for parties, wedding showers, and even a good baby shower.
Let's be honest, when the party has a bowl full of booze, you know it going to be a good party. This punch is so good you won't want to drink it just at parties, so I have also helped you be able to make it by the glass for yourself or with a friend.
Tropical Rum Punch Ingredients
Two juices and two liquors get you to sloppy party punch status. If you want to simplify the punch recipe, you could actually buy a cranberry pineapple juice combination instead of two separate juices.
- Cranberry Juice - Cranberry Cocktail or 100% Cranberry Juice will work. I actually used a diet cranberry pineapple juice for this cocktail.
- Pineapple Juice - 100% pineapple juice is ideal here if you aren't using cran-pineapple juice.
- Dark Rum - Caribbean dark rum is syrupy and delicious and gives this cocktail a sweet flavor.
- Light Rum - Bacardi is my go-to light rum but any clear rum will work for this cocktail. Naturally, a caribbean rum brand is ideal.
- Lime Slices - Everyone loves a good garnish. Don't have limes, use fresh pineapple slices. The lime juice does add a little extra dimension to it as well.
To make this tropical rum punch, begin by filling a cocktail shaker with ice. Then pour the juices and liquors into the shaker. Follow the juices with the liquors. Give the cocktail a good shake to combine the booze and juice together in this tropical drink. Prepare a Tom Collins-style glass by filling it with ice. Then pour the contents of the cocktail shaker over the ice in the Tom Collins glass.
Finally, garnish with a lime slice and drop a staw in the cocktail. If you have fresh pineapple slices, that would work too for this tasty tropical rum cocktail.
Making strong cocktails that aren't watered down yet served on the rocks can be done with these simple steps.
- Keep your rum in the freezer. Seriously, do it. Now it will be a thicker, syrupy rum, but it will literally be ice cold.
- Chill all of your juices. If you are making a cocktail, having your juices chilled before making the cocktail will also slow down the ice melt when you make the cocktail.
- Make ice cubes from the juices in your cocktail. While this will still reduce the juice to booze ratio, it will keep the flavor stronger.
Other Tropical Rum Drink Recipes
If you are loving this tropical rum punch cocktail, you will love some of these rum drinks.
Tropical Rum Punch
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup cranberry juice
- 2 shots White rum
- 1 shot Dark Rum
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 maraschino cherry
- In a cocktail shaker, fill with ice.
- Combine the juices and the rum in the shaker and then place the lid on the shaker. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Fill high ball glasses with ice and pour the cocktail over the ice.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and lime slices.
- Walk the Line Cocktail - Rye Whiskey Old Fashioned - November 25, 2021
- Gourmet White Hot Chocolate Mix made with White Chocolate Pudding - November 7, 2021
- Drunk Witch - Purple Rain Cocktail - October 14, 2021