Summertime calls for all the fruity cocktails. The Caribbean painkiller combines coconut rum and vodka with orange, lime, and pineapple juices for the cocktail that will make you feel like you are sitting on the beach down in the islands. This rum and vodka cocktail can also be made by the pitcher.
Simple cocktails are my thing. Strong cocktails are also my thing. And this Caribbean painkiller is easy to make and nice a strong.
Ingredients for a Painkiller Cocktail
To make this vodka + coconut rum Caribbean-inspired cocktail, you will need a combination of ingredients.
- Coconut Rum - Malibu works perfectly but any coconut rum will work.
- Vodka - Pick your go-to vodka for this. Not a flavored vodka, just a solid vodka.
- Orange Juice - Fresh squeezed. Or not. Just have some OJ.
- Lime Juice - Definitely fresh squeezed on this one.
- Pineapple Juice - This is why I always have the little mini cans of pineapple juice on hand.
- Maraschino Cherries - This is the ultimate garnish. Am I wrong?
- Lime slices - Garnish perfection
- Nutmeg - Just a dash can be an optional add-on to give even more dimension to the flavors.
How to Make a Caribbean Painkiller Cocktail
Grab your ingredients, cocktail shaker, and Tom Collins glass plus lots of ice, and get to making this rum drink. Begin by adding ice to the shaker. Then power the coconut rum and vodka over the ice. Squeeze the lime juice into the shaker and then add the pineapple juice and orange juice.
Give the cocktail shaker a big shake for 15-20 seconds. Then pour the cocktail into the Tom Collins glass filled with ice. Drop a few maraschino cherries over the cocktail and place a lime slice on the rim of the glass. Enhance the flavors with a dusting of nutmeg. This is completely optional.
Remember this cocktail is a stiff one. It will be smooth drinking but pace yourself. Unless your goal is to get drunk in a hurry.
Caribbean Cocktail Ideas
Toasted Coconut Rum Pineapple Cream Cocktail
Mango Pineapple Rum Punch - Hawaiian Rum Cocktail
Caribbean Painkiller Cocktail
- 1 shot Coconut Rum
- 1 shot Vodka
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 shot orange juice
- 1 shot pineapple juice
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1 lime slice
- dash nutmeg optional
- In a shaker, add ice, coconut rum, vodka, pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice.
- Shake for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour over ice in a tall Tom Collins glass.
- Garnish with a cherry or two and lime slice. Dust with nutmeg, if using.
- Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail - October 7, 2022
- Apple Cider Amaretto Sour - September 30, 2022
- Island Lemonade Punch - August 21, 2022
Leave a Reply