Malibu sangria recipe is a simple and perfect tropical drink for a summer day pool cocktail made with white wine, Malibu Rum, pineapple juice, and tropical frozen fruit like pineapple and mangos. You are reading that right, my friends. Malibu Sangria. If you are white wine and Malibu rum lover, this sangria recipe is for you.
Malibu Sangria Ingredients
Sangria is a staple in my life. Wine + Booze + Fruit + Juice and Sparkling Water = Happy Farmwife. This Malibu Sangria recipe will not disappoint any of my Malibu rum loving friends out there. Malibu sangria is easy to make if you have some staples on hand.
Frozen tropical fruit. (I used a frozen fruit from sam’s club with strawberries, pineapple, mango and peaches)
Pineapple and Lime Juice
Start the Malibu sangria by pouring the frozen fruit at the bottom of a two-quart pitcher. Then add the Malibu rum along with pineapple and lime juice. Now, you can let this soak until you are ready to serve it. For me, there is never any waiting. Just move right on to step two.
Pour wine into the fruit and juice combination. What wine you ask? I used a Sauvignon Blanc that was described as having tropical fruit, wet stone, lime peel, honeysuckle flavors. I’m not sure why wet stone is a flavor we want in wine, but it must be good. Because according to my farmwife friends I made it for, it was delicious.
I get the bulk of my wine from wine clubs. My favorite wine club is Club W. I split this club with Katie from Fancy in the Country. That makes two happy farmwives. Check out the wine club. Seriously. Do it. Most wine costs between $13-20 a bottle. And are delicious.
Pour the whole bottle in.
Glug Glug Glug.
Then follow it up with some soda water or some ginger ale.
Tropical Drink Recipes
- 1 pound frozen tropical fruit Pineapple, strawberries, mangoes, peaches
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 limes juiced
- 3/4 cup Malibu Rum
- 1 bottle of Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup soda water or ginger ale
- Pour the frozen fruit into the bottom of a two-quart pitcher. Pour Malibu Rum and juices over fruit. Let soak in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, pour chilled wine and club soda over fruit/rum mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve, making sure fruit is in each glass of sangria.
- Toasted Coconut Rum Pineapple Cream Cocktail - December 19, 2020
- French Vanilla Hot Chocolate Mix – Mason Jar Drink Mix Gift - December 7, 2020
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Rum Cocktail – Pink Drink Cocktail - November 27, 2020