Creamy, sweet after-dinner drinks are my favorite. I just love a good White Russian. Almond-flavored anything also has a sweet spot in my heart. When I was a child my mom made Danish puff pasty on a regular basis. This toasted almond cocktail combines two of my favorite flavors, almond, and coffee through amaretto and Kahlua with cream to pull it all together.
Almond Snickerdoodle Cocktail is a similar cocktail and now I am torn as to which after-dinner drink is my favorite.
Toasted Almond Cocktail Ingredients
Like all the Farmwife Drinks cocktails, the toasted almond cocktail is a simple cocktail recipe made with three simple ingredients.
- Amaretto - Amore is a good, affordable amaretto you can use for this recipe.
- Kahlua - The original Kahlua flavor is what will work perfectly for this cocktail.
- Cream - Half and half is the cream I use in all after-dinner drink cocktails.
How to Make an Amaretto and Kahlua Cocktail
To make this cocktail, fill two cocktail glasses with ice. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine two shots of amaretto, two shots of Kahlua, and two shots of cream. Then put the lid on and shake to combine.
As soon as the combination is chilly and frothy, go ahead and pour it over the glasses of ice. Toasted Almond Cocktail takes two individual liquors of amaretto and Kahlua and makes one heck of a yummy cocktail that is as good as my morning latte.
This will quickly become a new favorite sipping cocktail as winter sets in and you need a little nightcap in the evening. Be sure to have a fresh bottle of amaretto and Kahlua on hand to make this cocktail.
Looking for other great nightcap or after dinner drinks? Here are a few more to enjoy.
Toasted Almond Cocktail
- 2 shots Amaretto
- 2 shots Kahlua
- 2 shots half and half cream
- Fill two cocktail glasses with ice and one cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour the amaretto, Kahlua, and cream into the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the combination. Pour into the two glasses.
Also shared on Weekend Potluck.