When it comes to taking margaritas up a notch, this spicy margarita does just that by combining a limeade, tequila, Cointreau with a bit of jalapeno for fresh jalapeno margaritas. Like most of my margarita recipes, this is a super easy tequila recipe that doesn't taste syrupy or too sugary. All good cocktails in my mind are better when they are simple to make so this jalapeno margarita is no different.
Fresh Jalapeno Margaritas Ingredients
The basics to making this spicy margarita recipe are the three simple ingredients plus a little garnish and of course the jalapeno.
- Tequila - Everyone has their favorite margarita but if you don't a solid silver tequila I recommend is the Milagro Silver tequila.
- Cointreau - Any orange-flavored liqueur will work but I just always have a bottle of Cointreau in my fridge for margaritas.
- Limeade - I will be honest, I also have a bottle of Simply Limeade on hand most any day of the week too. Frozen limeade also works for this recipe if you can't find bottles of ready-to-drink limeade.
- Fresh Jalapenos - There is no substitute for this. Jarred is not an option. Don't try it.
- Rimming Salt - Regular margarita salt works just fine for this but you can also use some Tajin mixed in with the salt to bring the flavors and heat a little bit more too.
- Fresh Limes - A slice of a fresh lime slice is the perfect garnish with salt and jalapeno.
How to Make a Spicy Margarita Recipe
To make this super easy hot and spicy margarita, you just need to get started by prepping your glass and shaking your ingredients in your favorite cocktail shaker. Prepare your salt-rimmed glass by slicing a lime and cutting halfway through the slice. Run the cut opening around the rim to moisten before dipping it into margarita salt.
Fill the glass with ice.
To the cocktail shaker add the tequila, limeade, Cointreau, ice, and a few slices of fresh jalapeno. Shake until the outside of the shaker starts to sweat or get condensation.
Pour the margarita into the prepared glass through a strainer. Drop a few more slices of jalapeno into the glass for garnish and drop a lime slice on the rim.
The flavors of sweet, tart, and spice come together for an interesting array of flavors in this spicy jalapeno margarita. It is by far my favorite margarita recipe, and I make a lot of margaritas.
Spicy Margarita Recipe
- ½ cup limeade
- 1 shot Cointreau
- 2 shots tequila
- lime slices
- margarita salt
- 1 fresh Jalapeno
- Salt the rim of a margarita glass by running a lime slice around the edge and then dipping the glass in margarita salt. Fill with ice.
- Pour the limeade, triple sec, and tequila into a cocktail shaker with ice in it. Drop two or three slices of fresh jalapeno. Shake for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour and strain margarita into prepared glass.
- Garnish with sliced limes and jalapenos.
- Spicy Margarita Recipe - Fresh Jalapeno Margaritas - April 23, 2021
- Rosé and Cream Floats - Wine Float Recipe - March 11, 2021
- Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink - Coconut Strawberry Drink - January 30, 2021