There are never enough mimosas in my life. A weekend isn't kicked off properly without a great mimosa. Start a weekend morning with the flavors of Hawaii with these Hawaiian Pineapple Mimosas made with pineapple juice and champagne for the perfect Hawaiian Mimosa.
What is in a Hawaiian Mimosa?
The ingredients for a Hawaiian Mimosa are similar to that of traditional orange juice and champagne mimosas. The brunch beverage is simple to make.
- Champagne - Any sparkling wine variety will work. It doesn't have to be champagne. It can also be prosecco, cava, or sparkling wine.
- Pineapple Juice - Fresh pineapple juice or the canned version work just fine. Recommend chilling the pineapple juice prior to use for making mimosa.
How to Make Pineapple Mimosas
Now, I have plenty of mimosa recipes. However, these Hawaiian Pineapple Mimosas are probably my favorite. And even though I rave all about the prosecco in other mimosa recipes, I used a Cava wine in this recipe. Cava is a sparkling wine from Spain. It was perfectly paired with the pineapple juice.
To make these Hawaiian Pineapple Mimosas start by filling champagne flutes with pineapple juice. Then pour the sparkling wine into the pineapple juice. Be gentle, it may just bubble on over...
Continue to let the bubbly collapse and fill with the sparkling wine. Let's talk about sparkling wine. I will tell you don't get a Champagne, Prosecco, or Cava that is too dry. I always try to get one that is labeled extra dry as it is a slight bit sweeter than one-labeled to be brut. With that being said, I have had several brut bottles of bubbly that were not overly dry. So, go with the bottle you know you like or grab the extra dry bottle.
When it comes to garnishing the Hawaiian Pineapple Mimosa, go ahead and use a few pineapple wedges. Just cut a small slit in the pineapple and place it over the glass rim. I wait till I fill the champagne flutes before adding the garnish.
Hawaiian Pineapple Mimosas
- 1 bottle Sparkling wine such as Prosecco, Champagne, Cava
- 1 bottle Pineapple Juice
- 1 Pineapple, sliced for garnish
- Fill Champagne flutes half full with pineapple juice.
- Top off each glass with the sparkling wine.
- Garnish with the pineapple slice and enjoy.