I have spent a lot of money on Starbucks cold brew with sweet cream in my lifetime. It is one of the indulgences I can't resist, especially when I am waiting for a practice to get over or on a long drive. Finally, I have persuaded an insider to share with me how the Starbuck vanilla sweet cream and foam is made. Three simple ingredients and a few mason jars and you are on the way to vanilla sweet cream at home.
Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream and Foam copycat recipe is a mixture of heavy whipping cream, milk, and vanilla syrup. The key to making it comes to shaking it for the foam. It is so simple, you will want to have a mason jar full of it at home in the fridge at all times.
What is in Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream?
The ingredients to make this copycat recipe for vanilla sweet cream are basic: milk, cream, vanilla. But what exactly do you need? Here is what you need to have on hand to make this sweet cream and sweet foam.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - Thick cream works better for this recipe, especially if you are trying to make the foam. Either Heavy Whipping Cream or Heavy Cream works for this recipe.
- Milk - 2% or Whole Vitamin D milk works for this recipe. I have made this recipe with both and it has turned out just fine.
- Vanilla Syrup - Both regular sugar and sugar-free syrup work for this recipe. If you prefer another flavor to vanilla, use that flavored syrup. I get my vanilla syrup in my Amazon Subscribe and Save in a four-pack. You can also make your own vanilla simple syrup.
Once you realize how easy it is to make this vanilla sweet cream for cold brew, you will be making it weekly. Sorry Starbucks. Of course, you will need a good cold brew to start as well. I am sure I can make a recommendation for a great cold brew you can buy in your local grocery store.
To make this sweet cream, use a quart jar to pour the three ingredients. Start by pouring the cup and a quarter of milk, followed by the ¾ cup of vanilla syrup, and then two cups of cream. This will fill the quart jar up.
Take a small whisk, and stir to combine. Now you have the vanilla sweet cream ready for the cold brew. Now, to make the cold foam.
In a second, smaller mason jar, pour a small amount of sweet cream. Place the lid on the mason jar, and shake. Shake vigorously to add air to the sweet cream. This is much like how you can make butter with just heavy cream, after shaking for about 30 seconds, a foam had been created.
Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew at home
The Beyer Family's favorite cold brew is the Stōk cold brew. Our go-to variety is the not too sweet in the orangeish red label. But the unsweet will also be perfect to pair with the vanilla sweet cream. To make your vanilla sweet cream cold brew, fill your glass with ice.
Pour the cold brew over the ice leaving room for the cream. Then pour in the sweet cream. Finally, spoon the sweet cream cold foam over the top. And there you have the best cold brew at home.
Other Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam Copycat Recipe
- 1 quart mason jar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- ¾ cup vanilla syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a mason jar combine the milk, vanilla syrup, and cream.
- Whisk the ingredients together. Pour over cold brew. Pour the ratio of cold brew to sweet cream you desire.
- To make the cold form, pour a small amount in a second jar. Shake the jar for 30 seconds and then spoon over the top of the cold brew.