I love a good punch and when I can also make a punch that is festive for the holiday season, it is a double win. Grinch punch pins are all over Pinterest at Christmas time. One punch recipe is close to my green punch recipe, but I decided I wanted it to be more party punch like. More like my favorite best punch recipe, but green. This Grinch punch, a Christmas green punch, was a great combination of flavors. A little red sugar on the rim of the glass and this festive green Christmas punch were loved by kids and adults alike.
The base of the punch can be made ahead and either chilled or frozen. This is the beautiful thing about this punch. It can also be a slush.
Simply combine the following ingredients:
- Green Kool-Aid - The lemon-lime Kool-Aid that comes in the green envelope with the glass of green juice is what you want to use for this festive green punch.
- Limeade - The go-to for this recipe is the frozen concentrate limeade
- Pineapple juice - 100% juice that either comes in the traditional can or any brand you can find in the juice aisle at your grocery store.
- Ginger Ale - I will always advocate for ginger ale over any lemon-lime soda. But lemon-lime soda will totally work for this grinch punch recipe.
- Red Sugar - You want to made the glasses look festive, so grab some red sugar to rim those glass with for the red and green drink.
- Alcohol - If you want to spike this punch, grab your favorite spirits. I am telling you pineapple vodka would be amazing in this punch recipe.
The bright green color comes from the Kool-Aid so do make sure you don't accidentally buy the lemonade. Otherwise, you will have a golden yellow punch. Watch out for the strawberry-kiwi Kool-Aid packets too. I accidentally bought a few of those since they were also green. Remember you can tell the color of the Kool-Aid based on the color fo the drink Mr. Kool-Aid is holding. Not what color he is.
How to Make Christmas Green Punch
Combine these three ingredients with water and sugar. Stir to combine and let chill. You will want to stir it when you get it out of the refrigerator as well. The pineapple juice and limeade tend to separate from the Kool-Aid as you can see in this photo.
When you are ready to party, combine one liter, half of a two-liter, of ginger ale to the punch or slush. Stir to combine. I recommend doing the red sugar-rimmed glasses. The bad news is the sugar doesn't really stick to plastic glasses. I tried. I tried several different kinds of plastic cups. None of them worked. But the red and green are just so festive, I recommend doing this.
Now, I know you are all thinking, what can we spike this Christmas punch with for the adults. I would definitely pour some regular vodka or even some pineapple vodka in this cocktail. Not a vodka fan? Try some white rum or even Malibu rum in this punch. It definitely would have great flavors.
Enjoy your Grinch punch at your next holiday party. It is a great green punch that can also be used all year round.
Tips for Making a Bright Green Punch Recipe
- If you want to make sure the color remains bright all night long, make an extra batch of Kool-Aid to make green ice cubes for the Grinch Punch.
- This Christmas punch will separate. It might be best to use a traditional punch bowl to be able to stir the punch.
- Want to spike the punch? Any white liquor will work. Try it with vodka, rum, or gin.
Other Green Punch Recipes
Festive Christmas Drink Ideas
Grinch Punch - Christmas Green Punch
- 2 packets Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid
- 1 can Frozen Limeade Concentrate
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups Pineapple Juice
- 1 Liter Ginger Ale
- Combine the Kool-Aid, limeade, water, sugar, and pineapple juice.
- Stir to combine completely. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve. If you are making slush, you will need to freeze this for 12-24 hours.
- When ready to serve, combine ginger ale with the juices.
- Serve in red sugar rimmed glasses.
Linked up at weekend potluck