As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is the best punch recipe. Period. My mom has been making this recipe for get-togethers for years. And if you are looking for a spiked punch, add some amaretto for a delicious amaretto punch inspired amaretto sours.
Growing up whenever there was a graduation, confirmation or anniversary party, my mom would make Martha’s punch recipe which is hands down the best punch recipe. Ever. It is a pineapple, orange and lemon combination that quickly becomes addicting. As a child I am pretty sure I drank gallons of this punch.
The recipe card for Martha’s Punch is tattered and stained, proof of a good recipe. And of course, my mom had to interrupt some of the recipe items. I am still not sure I got it right according to Martha, but I did get it right according to taste buds. This really is the best punch recipe.
The ingredients are basic and easily substituted with some creativity. The original recipe called for two Kool-Aid Lemonade packets. Yeah, for some reason in my town this flavor of Kool-Aid is no existent. There is a tag on the shelf for it but no box for lemonade. I even went to Wal-Mart looking for it. So, instead of using Kool-Aid and sugar, I substituted the same amount of country time lemonade mix. Worked like a charm.
In a large punch bowl or drink container, add the lemonade mix, frozen juice concentrates, pineapple juice and water. Stir to combine and then refrigerate for punch or freeze for slush. If you are going to freeze, I would use old ice cream containers. It is about a gallon and a half capacity you will need. Then when you are ready to serve, add ginger ale.
The punch can be easily spiked by adding vodka, rum or Malibu Rum. But my favorite is spiking it with Amaretto. You could add two cups to the entire punch or spike each individual cup. If you are looking for other punch inspirations, check a few of these punch recipes out.
Adults and kids are guaranteed to love this punch. So be sure to have the recipe ingredients ready for your next party.
The Best Punch Recipe
- 1 gallon worth of lemonade powder mix or lemonade packets and sugar
- 12 ounce frozen orange juice concentrate
- 6 ounces of lemonade frozen concentrate
- 1, 46 ounce can of pineapple juice
- 1 gallon of water
- 2 liters of ginger ale
- 2 cups amaretto optional
- Mix all the ingredients except the ginger ale together.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or freeze overnight for slush.
- Pour in ginger ale before serving.
- Add Amaretto for a spiked punch or can add individually to each glass.
Amazon affiliate links were used in this post.
Latest posts by Leah Beyer (see all)
- Low-Carb Cocktails and Keto Drinks - January 3, 2020
- Mimosa Bar Ideas - December 22, 2019
- Orange Cranberry Vodka Cocktail – Christmas Eve Cocktail - December 15, 2019