When it is fall, one should use in-season juice in your mimosa. So, naturally, I am making my favorite weekend brunch cocktail, mimosas, apple cider style. I am loving these apple cider mimosas. If you are having a fall brunch or tailgating at football games early, make sure everyone has an apple cider mimosa in their hand.
What is the Best Champagne for Apple Cider Mimosas
Now the question I always get for any mimosa is, "What is the best champagne for apple cider mimosas?" I get texts from friends staring at the wall of bubbly in the grocery store. My laundry list of tips...
- Buy extra dry bubbly. DO NOT BUY BRUT. Brut is even more dry than extra dry. You won't like mimosas if you buy brut anything.
- Buy Prosecco. I like the Italian version of bubbly best in mimosas.
- That's all my rules. If you only follow one rule, follow number one.
Does price matter? Well, sort of but don't go broke at brunch. I normally buy bottles around $10 a bottle. I have never bought a Two Buck Chuck version of champagne. Nor do I know if one exists. Just buy what your grocery store or liquor store carries. Heck, even Wal-Mart has Korbel.
How to Make Apple Cider Mimosas
Now, I like stiff drinks, even at breakfast. When I make a mimosa I do three parts bubbly to one part juice. But here is the thing about mimosas, make them how you like them. Not sure how you like them? Start with 1 part bubbly to two parts juice. You can always add more Prosecco if you want it a bit stronger.
For apple cider mimosas, I use regular old apple cider from the produce section. Out of season, The Simply line of juices in the refrigerator section also has a good apple cider. Not crazy about cider but like apple juice, this works too. Who wouldn't love spiked apple juice? You may just start skipping orange juice in your sparkling wine after having this version.
Now, if you want to fancy up these apple cider mimosas, you could rim the glass in cinnamon and sugar.
Different Kind of Mimosa Recipes
There is no right way or wrong way to make a mimosa. So, try out the variety of mimosas we have here on Farmwife Drinks.
Cranberry Mimosas - Mistletoe Mimosa
Apple Cider Mimosas
- 1 bottle of extra dry Prosecco
- 6 cups of apple cider
- Pour Prosecco into champagne flutes or wine glasses till half full after bubbles go down.
- Fill till three quarters full with apple cider.
- Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail - October 7, 2022
- Apple Cider Amaretto Sour - September 30, 2022
- Island Lemonade Punch - August 21, 2022