As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When it is fall, one should use in season juice in your mimosa. So, naturally, I am making my favorite weekend brunch cocktail, mimosas, apple cider style. I am loving these apple cider mimosas.
Now the question I always get for any mimosa is, “What kind of champagne should I buy for the mimosas?” I get texts from friends staring at the wall of bubbly in the grocery store. My laundry list of tips…
- Buy extra dry bubbly. DO NOT BUY BRUT. Brut is even more dry than extra dry. You won’t like mimosas if you buy brut anything.
- Buy Prosecco. I like the Italian version of bubbly best in mimosas.
- That’s all my rules. If you only follow one rule, follow number one.
Does price matter? Well, sort of but don’t go broke at brunch. I normally buy bottles around $10 a bottle. I have never bought a Two Buck Chuck version of champagne. Nor do I know if one exists. Just buy what your grocery store or liquor store carries. Heck, even Wal-Mart has Korbel.
Back to the apple cider mimosas….
Now, I like stiff drinks, even at breakfast. When I make a mimosa I do three parts bubbly to one part juice. But here is the thing about mimosas, make them how you like them. Not sure how you like them? Start with 1 part bubbly to two parts juice. You can always add more Prosecco if you want it a bit stronger.
For apple cider mimosas, I use regular old apple cider from the produce section. Out of season, The Simply line of juices in the refrigerator section also has a good apple cider. Not crazy about cider but like apple juice, this works too. Who wouldn’t love spiked apple juice?
Apple Cider Mimosas
- 1 bottle of extra dry Prosecco
- 6 cups of apple cider
- Pour Prosecco into champagne flutes or wine glasses till half full after bubbles go down.
- Fill till three quarters full with apple cider.
Latest posts by Leah Beyer (see all)
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate – Kahlua or Baileys Hot Chocolate - November 30, 2019
- Sparkling Ginger Apple Cider Sangria - November 17, 2019
- Frozen Mudslides – Boozy Chocolate Milkshake - October 26, 2019