As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why did I not think of this sooner? Sparkling apple cider plus caramel ice cream plus whip cream equals the most amazing and decadent fall dessert. These apple cider floats are literally like drinking a caramel apple pie. On a hot fall day, these are great treats for the kids after school or even fall birthday party tweets. Let’s be honest, it doesn’t have to be hot for these drinks to be good!
I normally buy “kid wine” aka Welch’s Sparkling Grape Juice for special events. So, when I saw sparkling apple cider I decided to buy it too. Well, my kids have guzzled the leftover grape juice. I had to get them interested in the apple. They both love apple cider. Then it occurred to me when I was restocking ice cream at the grocery store.
Use the sparkling apple cider as a substitute for root beer.
Brilliance hits me in the ice cream isle sometimes.
Apple Cider Floats
It should be no surprise to anyone who follows Farmwife Drinks, that I like caramel. A lot. So I snagged the caramel vanilla ice cream. The regular vanilla is just as tasty if caramel apple flavors aren’t your thing. Just put a big scoop of ice cream in the glass and fill with apple cider. I added whip cream and then drizzled with more salted caramel sauce. It is sort of like your glass is filled with fall goodness.
Apple Cider Floats
- 1 25.4 ounce bottle of Sparkling Apple Cider
- 1.5 quarts of vanilla caramel or cinnamon ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 can whipped cream
- Caramel Sauce for garnish - optional
- Put a scoop or two of ice cream into glasses.
- Pour apple cider over top of the ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce, if desired.
Find other great recipes over at the Weekend Potluck.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Latest posts by Leah Beyer (see all)
- Low-Carb Cocktails and Keto Drinks - January 3, 2020
- Mimosa Bar Ideas - December 22, 2019
- Orange Cranberry Vodka Cocktail – Christmas Eve Cocktail - December 15, 2019