Living with a whiskey lover means I need to occasionally make whiskey based drinks instead of my vodka or gin drinks I tend to lean towards. Since Sundays are also football watching days, a whole pitcher can easily be made as well. My version of the Whiskey Sours is limeade and whiskey combine and stirred in with a smidge of orange juice and grenadine. So simple yet so delicious.
The simplicity of this cocktail recipe is what makes whiskey sours so great. Sweet and tangy yet a hint of smoke when bourbon whiskey is used to make the whiskey sour.
The ingredients for a whiskey sour can be all over the board. Some use lemon and lime juice with simple syrup. Simple is better in my world. The ingredients for my whiskey sours are limeade concentrate, whiskey, orange juice concentrate, and grenadine. If you want to cut strength and add a little fizz, adding ginger ale or lemon-lime soda also make these delicious.
For one cocktail you will use an equal part of limeade and whiskey. If you want a few cocktails, combine a 12-ounce can of limeade with 12 ounces of whiskey. In a small pitcher, combine the two main ingredients.
To the limeade and whiskey, add orange concentrate. Stir to combine the orange juice in the pitcher. For smaller batches, these can be made in a cocktail shaker. In a cocktail glass, add ice and a splash of grenadine to the glass.
- 12 ounces limeade concentrate 1 can
- 12 ounces whiskey
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup grenadine
- 2 cups ginger ale (optional)
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 1 lime, sliced
- In a small pitcher combine the limeade concentrate and whiskey.
- Stir in the orange juice concentrate.
- In cocktail glasses add ice. Add a splash of grenadine to each glass.
- Add the whiskey limeade combination. Garnish with lime slices and maraschino cherries.
- Toasted Coconut Rum Pineapple Cream Cocktail - December 19, 2020
- French Vanilla Hot Chocolate Mix – Mason Jar Drink Mix Gift - December 7, 2020
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Rum Cocktail – Pink Drink Cocktail - November 27, 2020