Whenever I get together with friends I always feel obligated to create some fun new cocktail for them to enjoy. I have also mastered the art of making pitchers of cocktails so I am not just standing there for hours shaking a drink shaker. Not that I wouldn't do that for my friends, because I would, but I want to sit down and enjoy their company. Recently I decided to try out some rum punch recipes on my friends.
This 3 rum punch did not disappoint my girlfriends the last time we got together.
What is in Rum Punch?
Three juices and three rums is all you need to make this super easy and delicious rum punch. Throw in some cherries and grenadine for good measure and color of course. Here are the ingredients you need:
- Frozen limeade and orange juice - Frozen concentrate juices are my favorite bases for punches, especially rum punches.
- Pineapple juice - A can of pineapple juice is the best here. Frozen can work too if that is all you can find.
- Ginger ale - I love the flavor of ginger ale in this rum punch. Sprite or 7-Up can absolutely be used too.
- Malibu Rum - Also known as coconut rum. Malibu is the Caribbean rum of my choosing but I have also had some good craft rums.
- Bacardi Rum - White rum is the key here. Bacardi is what I always have on hand. Any white rum will work.
- Jamaican Dark Rum - Myers's Dark rum is my preferred dark rum, but you can use the brand you like.
- Grenadine - The red color has to come from somewhere, the grenadine does just the trick.
- Maraschino Cherries - The rum punch needs finished off with some maraschino cherries.
- Lemons, Limes, or Oranges - The cocktail needs a garnish and nothing is better than fresh slices of citrus.
How to Make 3 Rum Punch
Three rum punch is the sweet combination of pineapple, lime, and orange juices with dark, white, and coconut rums with just a hint of grenadine for a sweet finish. Seriously, this rum punch will be a great drink recipe to make for a crowd.
I always always always have my freezer stocked with frozen juice concentrates. Lemonade, limeade, orange, and pineapple juice are always in my freezer. They are the perfect base to so many drinks, especially drinks for a crowd including the best punch in the world. This punch is really the base recipe for so many of my crazy drink ideas. This one is really no different.
After all, it is the 3 rum punch. Combine the orange juice and limeade with 3 cups of pineapple juice in a large pitcherEdit or drink container with slices of limes, oranges, and lemons. Pour in two cups of Bacardi and then ½ cup of the dark and coconut rums. Top off with the ginger ale and the base of the drink is ready!
Fill a few high ball glasses with ice and then put about a teaspoonful or roughly a half of an ounce of grenadine over the ice. Then pour the punch, over the grenadine and garnish with some cherries and fruit slices.
Seriously, make the full batch. It will be a hit. You might as well have the ingredients for two batches of this 3 rum punch. Most likely the first batch will be gone before you even get going!
Rum Punch Recipes
3 Rum Punch
- 1 can frozen concentrate of limeade, 10-12 ounce can
- 1 can frozen concentrate of orange juice, 10-12 ounce can
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups White rum
- ½ cup Malibu Rum or Coconut Rum
- ½ cup Dark Rum
- 2 liter bottle ginger ale
- 1 lime, orange, and lemon, sliced
- bottle Grenadine
- jar maraschino cherries
- In a large beverage container that can hold 150 ounces add the fruit slices, leaving a few for garnish.
- Combine the juices and the rum. Stir to combine with the fruit.
- Pour the ginger ale over top.
- Fill high ball glasses with ice and pour a teaspoon or half ounce of grenadine over the ice. Fill glasses with the punch.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and fruit slices.
- Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail - October 7, 2022
- Apple Cider Amaretto Sour - September 30, 2022
- Island Lemonade Punch - August 21, 2022
Well, now I have plenty of ideas of what to bring to my New Years party I’m attending! These look great, thank you.
How can I add in the grenadine to the entire batch so my guests don’t have to? How much could I add to the entire bath?
I’m looking to make this punch for a birthday celebration. I have a question, do you prepare the concentrate with water as package says or just use the concentrate by itself?
Follow the recipe as is. Don’t add water based on the recipe on the can.