My new favorite way to drink rum – Mermaid Water.
After the fair, momma needed something cold and strong to enjoy while floating in the pool. This mermaid water hit the spot and came with the volume I needed to wear off the fair. Luckily for me, the rum was purchased prior to Sunday to make sure the mermaid water would continue all Sunday long.
We rode rides. Oh did we ride rides. I sort of hate the carnival rides, but I am pretty sure my kids love those stupid carnival rides almost as much as the animals. Ok, maybe even a little more. Every single night they asked to ride. If it would have been a drinking game to take a drink every time they asked if they could go ride rides, I would have had a strong buzz for the entire fair.
Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
Then top it all of with some ginger ale. Because everything is better when it is “sparkling” when you drink it.
Essentially you are doing 2 part Captain Morgan, 1 part Malibu Rum, 1/2 part blue Curacao, 6 parts pineapple juice, 1 part limeade. A lime and ginger ale to top it off.
Enjoy the pleasure of a fruity-tuity cocktail. Now go make a gallon of Mermaid Water.
- 3 cups Captain Morgan Spiced Rum - 2 parts
- 1 1/2 cup Malibu Rum - 1 part
- 72 ounces Pineapple Juice - 6 parts
- 12 ounces frozen limeade concentrate - 1 part
- 3/4 cup Blue Curacao - 1/2 part
- 1 Liter of Ginger Ale - 6-8 parts
- Lime sliced for garnish
- Mix together all of the booze and juices with lime slices.
- Refrigerate till ready to serve.
- Add ginger ale and serve with lime garnishes.
Shared on Weekend Potluck.