Has anyone else started their drinking career in college sucking down shark bowls? Oh, just me... Well, this rum punch bowl - tidal wave or shark bowl punch will bring back memories of sitting around a fishbowl filled with punch and 20 straws. The combinations of rum with pineapple and blue raspberry lemonade are perfect for a whole lot of rum! Blue Rum Punch Bowl is like the shark bowls from college made with pineapple juice, lemonade, blue raspberry kool-aid, and rum.
This rum punch bowl is a blue color making you think your drink is the color of the ocean. The rum is barely noticeable making this drink dangerous to be drinking poolside too.
What is in a Shark Bowl Rum Punch?
Five simple ingredients to make this fun blue rum punch. You can easily make this rum punch a kid punch too. Just omit the rum!
- Blue Raspberry Lemonade Kool-Aid - The blue has to come from somewhere and the blue raspberry lemonade kool-aid is the perfect blue color combined with the pineapple juice to make the topaz ocean color.
- Pineapple Juice - Either small cans, a large can, or even a frozen concentrate will work for this cocktail recipe.
- Frozen Lemonade - This brings the lemonade flavors out even more. Do not add water to the frozen concentrate. Use as is. I also add mostly frozen to help chill the punch faster.
- Rum - A wimple white rum is best for this recipe. However, if you are a lover of coconut rum, that will also work in this recipe.
- Ginger Ale - My preference is a ginger ale for any soda added to a punch. You can also substitute a lemon-lime soda in this rum punch recipe.
How to Make Blue Rum Punch Bowl?
This recipe is perfect for a crowd as it makes nearly a gallon of punch. This is why a small fishbowl or two is a fun punch bowl to serve it in. However, you can be just like me and just serve it in a drinking jar.
In your drink container, combine a can of frozen lemonade, a package of blue raspberry lemonade kool-aid, pineapple juice, and rum. Stir to combine.
Once the punch was all combined, I added lemon slice and ice to the drink jar too. I love having fun glasses to serve cocktails in too. These fun tall glasses with a fun base were found at an antique store. If you do not go perusing an antique store, you really should start. I have found some of the greatest treasures at antique stores.
Like my other rum punch, 3 Rum Punch, be sure to just have enough ingredients to make a second pitcher of this tidal wave or shark bowl punch. And just for fun, go ahead and order a plastic shark. You know you want to have one for the party!
Can this be made into a kid-friendly punch recipe?
Like so many other punches, this punch can easily be made kid-friendly. You just need to omit the rum. No need to make the kool-aid according to direction. There is plenty of sugar in the ginger ale.
Rum Punch Bowl - Shark Bowl Punch
- 1 package Blue Raspberry Lemonade unsweetened Kool-Aid
- 1 can Frozen lemonade
- 4 cups Pineapple juice
- 3 cups Rum
- 2 liters Ginger Ale
- 2 Lemons, sliced
- In a large drink container, combine Kool-aid, lemonade, pineapple juice, and rum. Stire to combine.
- Pour the two-liter bottle of ginger ale to the juice and rum.
- Add ice and lemon slices, reserving several to garnish glasses.
- Serve immediately
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.