Does anybody else have a kid who loves the pink drink from Starbucks? I am addicted to the cold brew with vanilla sweet cream so I get the addiction. The pink drink is actually super easy to make and is also way less expensive than buying this coconut strawberry drink every time you are craving it. Copycat Starbucks pink drink is a simple combination of cream of coconut, freeze-dried strawberries, fresh strawberries, and sparkling strawberry water making this drink simple yet refreshing to make.
The core flavors of the pink drink are strawberries and coconut. How you go about getting those flavors is somewhat flexible. I definitely think you can be creative in making this pink drink to your liking.
Pink Drink Ingredients
The ingredients you need to make the pink drink are:
- Cream of Coconut - Cream of Coconut can come in a can or a squeeze bottle. Both will work for this recipe.
- Fresh or Frozen Strawberries - Sliced fresh strawberries work just fine but frozen can work if you don't have fresh strawberries on hand.
- Freeze Dried Strawberries - The secret to this recipe at Starbucks are the Freeze Dried Strawberries. I am finding more and more freeze dried fruits in the grocery stores.
- Sparkling Water - Thanks to the onslaught of flavored waters, Strawberry Sparkling Water is my go-to for this drink but standard sparkling water works just fine too.
Items can be substituted for several of these ingredients if you can't find them. You can use coconut water like Bai or Goya coconut water makes in place of cream of coconut. You can also use a splash of strawberry kool-aid with coconut water instead of more water.
How to Make the Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink
Now, I want to warn you, when you expose cream of coconut to cold, it gets thick. Thick like wax. So if you shake the strawberries and cream of coconut in ice, know it will pour slowly.
Put the sliced strawberries and cream of coconut in a shaker. Shake to infused the strawberries into the cream of coconut.
Pour the cream of coconut into a glass of ice and freeze-dried strawberries. Then top off with the strawberry sparkling water. Bubly is my sparkling water of choice.
Drop some fresh or freeze dried strawberries on top for garnish and pop a bendy straw into the copycat Starbucks Pink Drink. If you are looking for a spike version of the pink drink, try Strawberry Coconut Cream Rum Cocktail aka Pink Drink Cocktail.
Great recipes for the kids are always a fun thing to have in your back pocket for special events or just a random fun afternoon. Here are some of my kid's favorite drinks.
Strawberry Pink Lemonade Slushies
Starbucks Pink Drink
- 8.5 ounces cream of coconut
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 2 cans strawberry sparkling water
- Shake the cream of coconut together with the sliced fresh strawberries.
- Fill glasses with ice and freeze-dried strawberries. Pour the cream of coconut between the two glasses.
- Top off with the sparkling water.
- Garnish with more strawberries and a bendy straw.
- Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail - October 7, 2022
- Apple Cider Amaretto Sour - September 30, 2022
- Island Lemonade Punch - August 21, 2022
Leave a Reply