As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mixing booze with food isn’t a new thing for me to do. I love spiked desserts like grasshoppers and Bailey’s strawberries and cream milkshakes. I am not stranger to pouring whole bottles of wine over meat for it to cook in. I have been dreaming about using Rumchata as the liquid in a pudding dessert and finally made my Rumchata Sand Pudding creation in a Rumchata Pudding Cup Dessert.
Rumchata Pudding Cup Dessert is the spiked version of sand pudding by just substituting some of the milk in the pudding for Rumchata. When the pudding is combined with cream cheese and cool whip, the decadent pudding dessert can be topped off with graham cracker, vanilla wafer or ginger snap crumbs for a perfect dessert for any occasion.
RumChata Pudding Cup Dessert
The ingredients are very similar to the trifle pudding I use for my easy berry trifle. The only real change is the swap out of vanilla for Rumchata. I used graham cracker crumbs but you could easily also use vanilla wafers, Golden Oreos, or ginger snaps for the crumb base or top.
In a medium bowl, mix together the vanilla pudding, RumChata, and milk. I used equal parts of milk and Rumchata for the pudding. The package directions for the pudding called for two cups of milk, I used one cup of each. When the pudding is mixed, add the room temperature cream cheese and half a container of cool whip.
In the bottom of stemless wine glasses, add several tablespoons of cookie crumbs. Spoon the pudding combination over the top until the glasses are 3/4 full. Then refrigerate the Rumchata Sand Pudding Dessert until ready to serve.
RumChata Sand Pudding Dessert
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Rumchata, chilled
- 8 ounce block of cream cheese
- 4 ounces cool whip
- 1 cup graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 can whipped cream
- In a bowl mix together pudding, milk, and Rumchata.
- Add the cream cheese to the pudding and continue to mix. Fold in the cool whip.
- In stemless wine glasses, add several tablespoons of cookie crumbs. Add the pudding to the glasses. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top off each glass with whipped cream and more crumbs.