Craving a milkshake? Well, you're in luck! I've gathered 101 best milkshake recipes for you to indulge in. Whether you're looking for classic flavors like chocolate and vanilla, or something more unique like peanut butter and jelly, we've got you covered.
So what are you waiting for? Get ready to shake things up with these delicious recipes!
101 Best Milkshake Recipes to Indulge Your Sweet Tooth
Before we dig into these milkshakes, let's talk about what makes the perfect milkshake.
First and foremost, you need a good base of ice cream. Vanilla is the classic choice, but feel free to use any flavor that speaks to you. Additionally, make sure to use whole milk or half-and-half for a creamy texture - water will no cut it, you need something with more fat in it. So even if you're allergic to milk, use a full-fat coconut milk or nut milk.
Finally, don't forget the toppings! From crumbled cookies to chopped fruit, let your imagination run wild.
Now, let's get to the good stuff!
Here are the 100 best milkshake recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth:
- No one is going to turn down an Orange Creamsicle milkshake. So full of orange flavor, it's just everything you remember from orange creamsicle heaven that was hot summer afternoons as a kid!
- Needing a little kick with your milkshake? Check out this fun Rumchata milkshake. Simple and fun, it's absolutely wonderful for a late afternoon or evening treat.
- A classic and fun milkshake, this Chocolate milkshake is a great one to make. Rich and creamy, it's exactly like you remember from childhood.
- If you'd like to take that to another level for adults-only, make this epic Frozen Mudslide boozy chocolate milkshake treat! Easy and fast, this is a treat you'll really get into.
- Strawberry Vodka milkshakes are the perfect summer treat. Simple and flavorful, you'll love this sweet indulgence that's the perfect balance of tartness and sweetness.
- Simple and fun to make, this classic Grasshopper milkshake is a minty, boozy version of the shamrock shake that you're going to truly dig, no matter the season.
- I just love a good drive-thru treat, but honestly, if I am honest, I love not leaving the house more! LOL! So making this homemade Wendy's Frosty is like a creamy dream that you just don't need to drive anywhere to make!
- For the classic Oreo lover, this Oreo Milkshake is about to become your favorite treat. It's all the best flavors of a cookies-and-cream milkshake without any fuss. If you haven't tried it before - now's your chance!
- You're going to LOVE this Pumpkin Pie milkshake. It's all sorts of fall goodness in a glass. Plus, it's super easy to make and perfect for more than just fall.
- Easy and fast, this Brownie Batter Protein shake is simple and fun. But the best part is it's deep chocolatey flavor that is just out of this world good!
- I would definitely just be so excited to make this easy and straight-forward Shamrock Shake. It's so simple - seriously basic ingredients for an epic treat.
- You're not going to find a more fun idea than this Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake. Just everything you need to put a smile on your hot day!
- This Double-Chocolate Cookies and Cream Milkshake is a fun twist on the classic, bringing DOUBLE the fun to your glass of yum.
- You're going to REALLY enjoy this Lucky Charms Milkshake. Sweet, creamy and full of marshmallows - what more could you want?!
- Insanely delicious, you can make this Cotton Candy milkshake in minutes - and have all that fabulous cotton candy flavor in a glass!
- Vegan milkshakes are sometimes hard to find. But this Vegan Oreo milkshake is exactly where delicious meets the fabulously easy!
- You can make a little magic with this easy Unicorn Milkshake. Fast and fun, this is exactly what you need to make a boring afternoon into a treat.
- Who needs a Cookie Dough milkshake that is gluten-free and ready for action?! Everyone. We all need one. It sounds PERFECT!
- I simply adore this Fruity Pebbles Milkshake. Simple, but with all that nostalgic deliciousness, it's just fun in a glass.
- Just all the love for any shake epic enough to be called a Mermaid Dream milkshake. Just all the props for being not only tasty and fun - but gorgeous, too!
- Definitely find time to make an Ube Milkshake - it's just too fun not to. Rich, creamy and loaded with lovely ube flavor, this is one for the books!
- If you're craving a homemade milkshake with a little more pizzaz, look no further than this Biscoff milkshake. It's so good, you'll forget all your worries, your responsibilities and even your ex's name. It's like the love child of a vanilla milkshake and a jar of Biscoff spread, with hints of cinnamon, caramel and pure joy.
- Super fun and flirty, this Pina Colada milkshake is a seriously sweet twist on a classic cocktail. Made with vanilla ice cream, crushed pineapple and rum (optional!) this dreamy drink will transport you right to the beach.
- A fun and unique twist, this Jackfruit Mango smoothie is protein-packed and VERY healthy . It's the perfect way to get your day started on the right foot, with loads of tropical flavor and vitamins. Plus, it's free from refined sugar and vegan-friendly!
- You need 4 simple ingredients to make the best chocolate milkshake ever – ice cream, milk, Hershey’s chocolate syrup and salt. Rich, creamy and easy to make in 1 minute!
- Chick-Fil-A Peppermint Milkshake is a delicious milkshake and easy to make. Save time and money and make this flavorful milkshake at home.
- Looking for the Ultimate Strawberry Milkshake? Seriously good vibes from this strawberry milkshake! This one is so thick and creamy, you will be licking the glass clean.
- Need a vegan milkshake option? Me too! I love having that in mind for vegan friends - and this Coffee Espresso milkshake is the perfect guilt-free treat. It's made with all vegan ingredients - but if you're not vegan, you can still pull it off with what you have in your fridge.
- You're less than 5-minutes from an epic Pineapple Milkshake with Coconut. This recipe is a little tropical, a whole lot of deliciousness and just what you need to satisfy that craving.
- This Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake with Bacon is WILD because it's made without ice cream! Instead, you'll use silken tofu to achieve the same creamy consistency. The flavor combination is sweet and salty all in one sip!
- If you want simple, but delightful, a Mango Shake may be right up your alley. All you need is a few ingredients and amazing tropical flavor is going to burst on your tongue!
- Sometimes, you just need to enjoy a classic delicious treat like this Biscoff Milkshake. It's sweet and creamy, with hints of caramel and cinnamon from the cookie butter.
- Want to get your Oreo fix but don't have any ice cream? That's cool, there's a recipe for an epic Oreo Milkshake without ice cream! You just need a few ingredients and a blender to get the job done. Cookie fix solved!
- Decadence has a name and that name is Ferrero Rocher milkshake. It's packed with hazelnut flavor, creamy vanilla and crunchy chocolate. Just the thing to make your day feel special!
- Simple and fun, this Twix Milkshake is like a creamy candy bar. It's silky smooth, with a hint of caramel and loads of chocolate flavor. Top that with some crumbled Twix and you're candy bar heaven!
- Strawberry Chocolate Milkshake is like your favorite chocolate-dipped fruit treat. Sweet, creamy and the perfect combination of strawberry and chocolate flavors. Add some marshmallow for an extra special treat!
- Want to make a shamrock shake, but dislike the idea of all those fake additions that make it, well, not-natural? I got you! I found this epic natural mint milkshake that tastes just like your favorite shamrock treat!
- Looking to add a super strawberry treat to your fabulous milkshake repertoire? Make this awesomely fun Strawberry Milkshake that is so much like the ones you grew up on that you'll love the nostalgia hit.
- Only 3 simple ingredients and this Purple Cow milkshake is all yours to enjoy and you're going to LOVE it! Packed with flavor and nutrition, this shake is a great option any day of the week.
- Speaking of limited ingredients, this 3-ingredient Nutella milkshake is the last word in simplicity. It's also incredibly delicious with a nutty-chocolate flavor you can't resist!
- Ooooh! This 3-ingredient Vegan Strawberry milkshake is all kinds of awesome. It's thick and creamy, without the dairy - and totally vegan-friendly! The perfect guilt-free treat for when you're craving something sweet.
- A Salted Caramel milkshake is always a great idea. Salty and sweet, creamy and delicious - what's not to love? This one is easy to make and will satisfy any craving you have!
- When you're really looking for something over the top, this Peanut Butter milkshake, which is also a FREAKshake is absolutely going to hit the spot. Made with the best of ingredients and some truly unique combinations, this shake is like nothing you've had before.
- But don't let that be the only option for a freak shake. This coffee milkshake is a 15 on a scale of 1-10 and is definitely WHOA. It has coffee, of course, and a few other simple ingredients that make it a show-stopper.
- An old fashioned Chocolate Malt shake is a classic, and this one packs a flavor punch that you won't forget. Creamy malt and smooth chocolate - what could be better?
- Bring together some of your favorite flavors with this Strawberry Oreo milkshake. This one is full of creamy vanilla, sweet strawberry and crunchy Oreos - all in one delicious glass!
- This Caramel Apple Milkshake is the perfect treat as we head into fall! Creamy, delicious, and swirled with cinnamon, it’s like sticking a straw into a caramel apple and slurping up all those yummy fall flavors!
- You're not going to get a more fun chocolate experience than this Chocolate Brownie milkshake. So much chocolatey goodness, this is just going to hit every "yum" on your checklist.
- This Peppermint Oreo Milkshake is the perfect festive treat for the holidays. Made with creamy vanilla ice cream, sweet Oreos, and a candy cane, you will want to make one of these all year long!
- Who doesn't want to make a Banana milkshake?! It's like a smoothie, but better! Just a simple mix of your favorite flavors just coming together in one beautiful glass.
- Nothing is more fun than a Dulce de Leche milkshake. It's like a caramel milkshake but better! The perfect combination of creamy, sweet, and salty - this shake is a must for any dulce de leche lover.
- This Mango Mastani milkshake is like taking a trip to India with every sip! Made with creamy ice cream and ripe mangoes, this shake will definitely have you coming back for more.
- Fabulous for anyone who loves chocolate, this Cherry Chocolate milkshake is just the answer you've been looking for. It's thick, creamy and full of your favorite chocolate flavors!
- Who loves Nutella? I do! It's amazing and this Nutella Milkshake is going to make you swoon. It's creamy and chocolaty, and oh so delicious!
- Absolutely delicious in every way, this Bourbon Caramel milkshake is the boozy milkshake you want for that blegh afternoon!
- Take your mango to the next level with this fun Mango milkshake. It's simple and easy, but the flavor is out of this world. It's like a tropical vacation in one delicious glass.
- By just whipping it together, you can make this easy 3-ingredient Oreo milkshake in just a few minutes! Smooth, creamy and just a little bit crunchy. What more could you ask for?
- Thick, creamy and with only 3 ingredients, this Banana milkshake is just pleasure in a glass. Always a favorite, this shake is super simple and takes no time to make!
- This Cookie Monster milkshake will be sure to bring out the kid in you. With vanilla ice cream for creaminess and chocolate cookie crumbles mixed with Oreos, it's just pure yum!
- If you want a little pick-me-up with your creamy goodness, this Coffee milkshake is just what you need. Rich and delicious, you won't be able to resist!
- Rich and flavorful, this Biscoff milkshake recipe is just what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. Creamy and full of flavor, this shake is made with Biscoff spread for an extra delicious treat!
- Two minutes. Three ingredients. This Kinder Bueno milkshake is WHOA! Sweet, creamy and with a hint of nutty goodness – this shake will be your go-to treat for sure!
- Outrageously delicious, this Peanut Butter milkshake is just what you need to satisfy your peanut butter cravings. Extra creamy and just the right amount of sweetness, this shake is sure to be a hit!
- Need a strawberry twist on a classic cookie-and-cream treat? Make a Strawberry Oreo milkshake that just hits all the high notes.
- Who doesn't love a little cookie dough in their life?! I could live on this Cookie Dough milkshake. It's creamy, chocolatey and full of cookie dough chunks - an all-around winner!
- Want to make a classic that is just exactly what you need to hit the spot? Oreo Cookie milkshake is all that and more!
- You're not going to believe how easy it is to make a 4-ingredient Peanut Butter Whiskey milkshake. So fast and fun, this shake is the perfect way to end a night!
- Making a fun twist on a classic holiday drink, this fun Eggnog milkshake is a little boozy and a little epic!
- Simple and fast to make, this Banana milkshake is just the thing if you want something sweet, creamy and delicious.
- I'm pretty sure this is just the most amazing and fun milkshake. I am also certain that I cannot pronounce the proper name. But, regardless, this Egg Liqueur Milkshake is WHOA!
- Don't have to twist my arm to make a fun Christmas milkshake - whether it's for actual holiday-times or just some Christmas-in-July stuff. LOL!
- This Chikoo Milkshake is a fabulously unique flavor, and it's packed with creamy goodness! Plus, you can make it as thick or thin as you'd like - just adjust the milk amount to your liking.
- I just want to make this Peanut Butter Cookie milkshake right this second and forever just keep drinking it. It's a classic combo but in the best milkshake form.
- Absolutely FABULOUS, this Butterscotch Shake is a classic that never gets old. Rich and creamy, this shake is pure indulgence!
- If you're a cheesecake lover, this Triple Berry Cheesecake milkshake is going to hit all the highs for you - and then some!
- A spin on the summery pistachio gelato, this Pistachio Gelato milkshake uses a homemade pistachio praline for a nutty base.
- Who doesn't love key lime pie?! And milkshake?! Together in one delicious Key Lime milkshake? I LOVE it!
- For a unique shake that takes one of the world's favorite flavors and runs with it, this Coconut milkshake is just what you need. With no ice cream needed, it's simply divine!
- A decadent treat for sure, this Pumpkin Spice milkshake is just too good to pass up. A perfect treat for fall, of course, but decadent fun for ANY season!
- I just really dig this Bailey's milkshake. It's smooth and creamy and with a touch of sweet Irish cream, it's sure to be a hit with everyone!
- I don't even know the backstory about why it's called this, but honestly, the Monkey milkshake sounds like something my monkeys would love to get their hands on!
- The most classic milkshake you can ever make, this Vanilla milkshake calls you back to the most simple way to make that sweet tooth sing.
- If you could marry a milkshake, I would DEFINITELY marry this Snickers milkshake. It's simple, but filled with the most awesome flavors!
- Breaking it down, this Date Shake is just the thing to get you a shake in its base elements. It's as stripped-down as possible and just EPIC!
- Just a fabulous idea and so epically delicious, this Birthday Cake Milkshake is just like eating a birthday cake and drinking it, too!
- Do you just love a good stroopwafle? Don't even know what one is? Not a problem - because this Stroopwafle Milkshake is all about the flavors without needing to know what one is!
- No one is going to be sad if you serve up a Bear Claw Milkshake! They're going to cheer - and maybe growl for more. LOL!
- You're not going to believe how tasty this Vegan Sweet Potato shake is. Simple and fun - but hitting all the best sweet spots!
- Gotta have a Chick-fil-A Copycat Peppermint Shake, but it's not the season? No worries. This one is amazing.
- No ice cream and all that chocolate flavor, this Chocolate milkshake is one for the recipe book!
- Who doesn't get a little PB-curious when they see the name Peanut Butter Shake? Definitely me. I'm definitely interested in this one now.
- Just what you need, this Creamy Eggnog Milkshake is going to make those holiday parties even more special! Creamy, sweet, and deli- Finally, for a fun twist on the classic milkshake flavors.
- A fun twist on a holiday classic, this Grinch milkshake is the adult version of the drink some mean one really wished he could have had with the Whos in Whooville. LOL!
- For a tropical escape in the dead of winter, this Pineapple Milkshake is just what you need to make your taste buds swoon! Such a refreshing treat - any time of year.
- This Healthy Chocolate shake is a must-have for those that want to indulge in the flavors of chocolate - without all the added sugar! A healthy take on a classic treat.
- This Cookies and Cream shake is one of my favorites because it's so simple, yet packs tons of flavor! A classic that never gets old!
- You're not going to get more pow for your enjoyment than this Pumpkin milkshake. Perfect for the fall season and beyond!
- I've got this Copycat McDonald's Shamrock Shake on my mind. It's just like the original - and way too delicious to resist!
- Fast and fun to make, this Peanut Butter milkshake is perfect for anyone who loves Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.
- When you want a THICC milkshake, this Copycat Oreo Cookie Blizzard Milkshake is just the treat you need. Rich and creamy - this one is sure to please the thick-milkshake-lovers!
Tips to Make the Best Milkshakes
- Start off with a good scoop of ice cream—vanilla, chocolate or whatever flavor you like!
- Use full-fat milk for a creamy texture that won’t be too watery.
- If it's too thick, add an extra splash of milk and blend until the desired consistency is reached.
- Try adding nut butters, chocolate chips, or even granola for texture and flavor.
- Don't forget the toppings! Whipped cream, nuts, sprinkles and/or chopped fruit all make great additions.
- Freeze any leftovers in popsicle molds for a delicious summer treat!
What Are the Best Toppings for Milkshakes?
When it comes to milkshake toppings, the possibilities are truly endless. Some of our favorites include:
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate chips or chunks
- Chopped nuts like peanuts, almonds or walnuts
- Crumbled cookies or brownies
- Caramel sauce or hot fudge
- Sprinkles or other toppings like chopped candy bars
- Chopped fruit like banana or strawberries
With so many delicious options, your milkshake will never get boring! So grab a spoon and prepare to indulge.
No matter what kind of milkshake you're in the mood for, these recipes are sure to satisfy. We hope you've enjoyed these 101 best milkshake recipes for your next indulgent treat.
From classic favorites to more creative combinations, there's something here for everyone. So don't be afraid to shake things up - just grab your blender and get ready to slurp away! Enjoy!
- 20+ Frozen Mocktails for Every Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drink Lover - September 2, 2023
- 25+ Halloween Drinks for Kids to Make Their Spooky Season Fun - September 1, 2023
- 30+ Chocolate Cocktails and Drinks for Decadent Treats - August 31, 2023