The gin rickey cocktail recipe is a highball cocktail made with fresh-squeezed lime juice, gin, and soda water. This is a simple cocktail that is perfectly refreshing on a hot summer day.
I am a vodka and soda water with a lime girl. When a friend heard of my love for these new craft gins, she asked if I was now a gin cricket lover. I was embarrassed to admit it never occurred to me to make my favorite vodka cocktail with gin. The gin rickey is now my favorite gin cocktail.
Gin Rickey Ingredients
The ingredients are just like the vodka version. Simple three ingredients. Some recipes for the Rickey cocktails call for sugar. If you want a sweeter cocktail, a little bit of sugar will do.
- Gin – Hard Truth Gin is a local Indiana distillery’s craft gin.
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Sparkling Water
How to Make a Gin Rickey
To make the gin rickey, put ice in the cocktail shaker. Then add a shot of gin and the juice of one lime. Shake the gin and lime until the outside of the shaker starts to frost. This is about 20 seconds. The gin and lime juice will be a cloudy clear liquid.
Pour the lime and gin into a highball glass filled with ice. The gin and juice will not fill the high ball glass to the rim.
Top off the lime and gin with the sparkling water. I used some lime sparkling water. Garnish the rickey cocktail with lime slices. Drop a straw in this gin cocktail and enjoy the sipping.
If you are a lover of these new gins, you are going to be loving this gin cocktail. If you think you don’t love gin, you need to try one of these gins that uses a lighter juniper and is more fresh citrus-forward for a gin that is nothing like those London gins. These gins are like nothing you have tried before.
Looking for some other gin cocktails to make with that new bottle of gin you are about to buy? Here are a few of my favorite gin cocktails.
Gin Rickey Cocktail Recipe
- Cocktail Shaker
- 1 shot gin
- 1 lime
- 4 ounces soda water
- 2 slices lime for garnish
- Make the cocktail by filling a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour the gin and the juice from one lime in the shaker.
- Shake the shaker for about 20 seconds.
- Pour the gin and lime juice in a highball glass filled with ice. Top off with the sparkling water.
- Garnish with lime slices.
- Toasted Coconut Rum Pineapple Cream Cocktail - December 19, 2020
- French Vanilla Hot Chocolate Mix – Mason Jar Drink Mix Gift - December 7, 2020
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Rum Cocktail – Pink Drink Cocktail - November 27, 2020