Cherry lime gin rickey cocktail is a sweeter version of the traditional gin rickey combining soda water, gin, lime juice with cherries and cherry juice. If you love gin or cherry limeade drinks, this is going to be a cocktail you will want to put on your list to try.
I am obsessed with gin these days. While many people avoid gin because of the juniper flavors that make some feel they are drinking a Christmas tree. But like red wine, coffee, and IPAs, I love the flavor gin brings to cocktails.
Cherry Lime Gin Rickey Ingredients
To make this gin cocktail, get a Sunday or citrus-infused gin. This will marry well with the lime juice to make flavorful, citrus-forward gin drink. Here the four ingredients you need to make this cocktail.
- Citrus forward gin - local distilleries near me make some great gins. I used Hard Truth Gin.
- Lime juice - Fresh squeezed is the best way to go here.
- Maraschino cherries and juice
- Soda water - La Croix cherry lime water is a delicious option.
What is a Gin Rickey
To make this wonderful cocktail, put ice in the cocktail shaker. Then add a shot of gin, a splash of cherry juice, and the juice of one lime. Shake the gin and lime until the outside of the shaker starts to frost. This is about 20 seconds. Inside the shaker, there will be a cloudy clear liquid.
Fill cherry, lime juice, and gin into a highball glass filled with ice. The gin and juice will not fill the high ball glass to the rim. Garnish with a lime slice and maraschino cherry.
If you are into gin as much as I am, look no further.
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 shots gin
- splash cherry juice or grenadine
- 1 lime
- 4 ounces cherry lime soda water
- 2 slices lime for garnish
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Make the cocktail by filling a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour the gin and the cherry juice and lime juice from one lime in the shaker.
- Shake the shaker for about 20 seconds.
- Pour the gin and juices in a highball glass filled with ice. Top off with the cherry lime sparkling water.
- Garnish with lime slices and maraschino cherries.