Apple cider gin snap is a gin variation to the a Moscow mule with the combination of ginger beer, apple cider, gin, and lemon juice to create a ginger apple cider gin cocktail. I love my apple cider Moscow mules so I used this for the inspiration with this ginger beer cocktail with gin and apple cider.
This cocktail is a great variation to the Moscow mule for gin lovers. Heck, this is a great apple cider gin cocktail for everyone. It may be the gateway cocktail to get people to LOVE gin as much as I do.
Apple Cider Gin Snap Ingredients
To make this apple cider gin cocktail you will need four basic ingredients. These are what I would consider fall liquor cabinet staples in my bar.
Here are the ingredients I used for this cocktail:
- Gin - In this recipe, I used Hotel Tango's Gin which is a citrus forward gin opposed to a London gin.
- Ginger Beer - Crabbie's is my favorite ginger beer.
- Apple Cider - 100% apple cider, not juice.
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
How to Make an Apple Cider Gin Cocktail
To make this apple cider cocktail, begin by filling a cocktail shaker with ice and then add then squeeze the juice of a whole lemon into the shaker. Next, pour the gin and apple cider into the shaker. Put the lid on the shaker and shake for 15-20 seconds until the outside of the shaker starts to get condensations.
Fill two cocktail glasses with nugget ice and pour the gin and juice over the ice.
Top off the both cocktails with the ginger beer. So, be sure you leave plenty of room in the glass for the ginger beer.
The resulting apple cider gin snap cocktail is an amazing combination of flavors. The next time you make Moscow mules make sure you get gin and and make yourself this gin variation to the Moscow mule.
Tips for Making Moscow Mules
- Ginger Beer is a thing. It can be a non-alcoholic or alcoholic option. If you cannot find it, ginger ale is a great substitute.
- Citrus is also a must. Lime is the typical citrus for Moscow Mules, but lemon is a better combination with apple cider, in my mind.
- Mint is definitely a nice addition, but if you don't have fresh mint leaves, don't sweat it.
- No need to shake this cocktail, stirring in the Moscow Mule in the copper mug is just perfect.
- To be a true Moscow Mule it really needs to be a vodka used instead of a Gin, but dang is this good.
Apple Cider Gin Snap
- 4 shots gin
- 3 shots apple cider
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 bottle ginger beer
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour the gin, apple juice, and lemon juice in the shaker.
- Shake the cocktail for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour the cocktail into two cocktail glasses filled with ice.
- Top off with the ginger beer.
- Garnish with apple or lemon slices.