Apple pie moonshine combines apple cider and juice with apple pie filling with cinnamon sticks and vanilla with moonshine and vanilla vodka to create your new favorite fall liquor to drink. Booze gift-giving is my love language. Whenever there is going to be a big party I feel obligated to bring a bottle of wine or growler of beer or a jar of moonshine. My latest moonshine creation is an apple moonshine with real apples and vanilla flavors leaving you feeling like you are literally drinking apple pie.
Apple Pie Moonshine Ingredients
The recipe for apple pie moonshine makes a lot of moonshine thanks to the combining of a gallon of apple cider and a gallon of apple juice. Make sure you have a dozen quart jars ready to catch your apple pie moonshine.
Many of the apple pie moonshine recipes I have found didn’t include actual apples. My peach pie moonshine has actual peaches in each jar which makes for a sweet, moonshine-soaked surprise at the bottom of the jar. In my recipe, I use apple pie filling, enough cinnamon sticks for at least one to be in each jar and pure vanilla extract to really enhance the apple flavors. The addition of brown sugar to the mixture makes the moonshine even more smooth to the palette.
How to Make Apple Pie Moonshine
Either in one really large stock pot or two smaller pots, combine the apple pie filling, vanilla, and cinnamon sticks in the pan. Pour the apple cider and the apple juice over the top of the apples. Stir to completely combine. Then add in the brown sugar.
I transfer to a large two-gallon drink container. Let rest until it is no longer hot. You don’t want the heat to cook off the alcohol.
Follow up each jar of apples with the moonshine. I fill each jar to where the lid rings begin. This way there is a little room for the cinnamon stick or any leftovers that could top of each jar. I use a combination of pint and quart jars.
Other Great Apple Cocktail Recipes
Apple Pie Moonshine with Real Apples and Vanilla
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 gallon apple juice
- 2 cans apple pie filling, 20-ounce cans
- 12 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 750 ml moonshine
- 750 ml vanilla vodka
- In a large 10-12 quart stock pot, combine the apple pie filling, vanilla, and cinnamon sticks.
- Pour the apple cider and apple juice over the apple mixture. Add the brown sugar.
- Cook on high to heat until the combination boils. Remove from heat once it has come to a boil.
- Cool until room temperature. When cool, add the moonshine and the vanilla vodka.
- Add apples to each jar along with a cinnamon stick. Pour the moonshine and juice mixture to each jar.
- Place the lid firmly on each jar and let rest in a cool, dark place for two weeks or longer.