There comes a time in ones life where you just give booze to your friends. And this year, I am giving my besties all moonshine. Peach Pie Moonshine to be exact.
A while back I stopped by a local distillery, Bear Wallow. It is a great locally owned small batch distillery made with 100% Indiana grown grains.I sampled a whole gamut of moonshine and whiskey. Farmer friends of ours sell small grains to them for for many of their spirits. If you go in, be sure to ask for the "Glick Grains" samples.
So what did I purchase?
This peach-flavored moonshine is made with lots and lots of liquor. To make this homemade peach pie moonshine you will need the following ingredients:
- Apple Peach Juice
- Peach Nectar
- Brown Sugar
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Vanilla Beans
- Peach Schnapps
- Everclear or Moonshine
- Vanilla Vodka
So, just like the illegal moonshine that has been made in the hills and hollers of southern Indiana since the 1700s, Hidden Holler Moonshine is the first legal version. Just like what is available to the illegal moonshiners, it is made with good old Indiana corn. Field corn. Not the sweet corn type of corn. And it is just as stout as the illegal types.
How to Make Peach Pie Moonshine
So, to make the moonshine into a gift for sharing, I decided to do some cooking and batching of my own. I started with two bottles of apple peach juice, a can of peach nectar, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, canned peaches and vanilla beans. Then I let the simmering begin.
And then let it simmer. For an hour. Seriously, just let those flavors combine just like you were making a pie. Then kill the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
Now grab the booze. A bottle of moonshine, peach schnapps, and just a little bit of vanilla vodka. Stir to combine and then divide among the ball jars. The results. Well, they need to rest. Go put those jars someplace cool and dark and let the magic happen.
Be sure to also try the Apple Pie Moonshine with Real Apples if you love this peach pie moonshine.
Love all things peach? Then check out these great peach cocktails.
Peach Pie Moonshine
- 2, 64 ounce bottles of 100% apple peach juice
- 1 can of peach nectar 12 ounce can
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 5-6 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole vanilla beans sliced open
- 2, 15 ounce cans of peaches
- 1, 750 ml bottle of moonshine
- 3 cups of peach schnapps
- 1 cup of vanilla vodka
- In a large pan, combine juice, nectar, sugar, cinnamon sticks, peaches and vanilla beans. Simmer over medium low heat for one hour.
- Remove from heat. Remove cinnamon sticks. Let cool till room temperature.
- When cool, mix in moonshine, peach schnapps and vanilla vodka. Stir to combine.
- Pour into mason jars. Divide peaches in each mason jar.
- Let rest in cool dark place for 2 weeks before drinking.