Apple pie cocktail is an apple cider cocktail combined with vanilla vodka, Fireball whisky, and ginger liquor for a the liquid version of the American favorite, apple pie. This cocktail is perfected by a cinnamon and sugar rim as well. The flavors come together in this cocktail just like the ingredients come together in apple pie.
If you are looking for a change up to your apple cider cocktail, look no further. This is the new cocktail for fall sipping. Grab your apple cider and start making cocktails.
Apple Pie Drink Ingredients
The ingredients for this cocktail are simple yet combine for a perfect cocktail with apple cider. Here are the various liquors and mixers you will need to make this apple pie cocktail.
- Apple Cider - Fresh apple cider is a must. It is plentiful all fall long in grocery stores or apple orchards.
- Vanilla Vodka - Vanilla vodka brings in the vanilla flavor easily. However, you can also just use regular vodka and add some vanilla syrup.
- Fireball - Cinnamon Whisky and apple cider drinks are all the rage. But if you are going to make a drink to mimic an apple pie, you have to have cinnamon. Cinnamon vodka can also work in a pinch.
- Ginger Liqueur - This is a fancy liqueur. I bought it for the bottle and then realized how good this liqueur would be in the apple cider drinks. A little goes a long way.
- Cinnamon and Sugar - The cinnamon sugar can be made with a 3 sugar to 1 cinnamon ratio. Just enough cinnamon and sugar to rim the glass is needed.
This cocktail will not disappoint. You will be glad you got that ginger liquor too.
How to Make an Apple Cider Cocktail that Taste like Apple Pie
The first thing you want to do to make this cocktail is mix cinnamon and sugar together. Put the mixture on a small plate. Then run a wet towel or lemon slice around the rim of the glass. Finally, spin the glass rim in the cinnamon and sugar on the plate. The glass is now ready for the cocktail.
To make this apple cider cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Then add the three different liquors to the shaker.
Next, pour the apple cider into the shaker. Shake the cocktail until the outside of the shaker begins to ice up or get condensation. This will be about 15-20 seconds. Put ice in the cinnamon and sugar-rimmed glass and pour the apple pie cocktail over the top of the ice.
Garnish the Fireball apple cider cocktail with an apple slice.
Storing the Cocktail
This apple cider drink can definitely be made ahead of time in a pitcher and then shaken or stirred together right before serving. I would make this apple pie cocktail only the same day as you are serving it.
What Bar Equipment is Good for a Home Bar
Do you want to have the well-stocked home bar? Build your bar with a few of my favorite items to make great drinks with great tools.
Apple Cider Drinks
So you like apple cider drinks. There are so many different ways to make delicious apple cider cocktails. These cocktails are a few of our most popular fall drinks.
Apple Pie Cocktail
- ½ ounce Ginger liqueur
- 1 ounce Fireball whisky
- 1 ounce Vanilla vodka
- 4 ounces Apple cider
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sugar
- 1 slice apple
- Rim a cocktail glass with cinnamon sugar by wetting the rim with a wet rag or lemon slice. Then spin through cinnamon and sugar dumped on a small plate.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, the liquors, and apple cider. Shake until the outside of the shaker starts to get frosty.
- Fill glass with ice and pour apple pie cocktail over the top of the ice.
- Garnish with an apple slice.