I love coffee. This love for coffee probably fuels my love for classic White Russians. Like all the pumpkin spice latte lovers, I have my boozy version of this fall favorite with this pumpkin spice White Russian.
Similar to my caramel White Russian, the key is flavored Kahlua. Pumpkin spice Kahlua is the gift to all #PSL lovers. With the early fall, we are having here in Indiana, I feel like it is God's way of saying, "It is time." They even started harvesting the corn around our house this week.
Pumpkin Spice White Russian Ingredients
The basics of any White Russian cocktail are vodka, coffee liqueur, and cream. This pumpkin spice version is no different. Here is what you need to make this cocktail.
- Vodka - I prefer the vanilla vodka in this cocktail recipe. Plain vodka can work too. Cinnamon or caramel vodka is also a great option.
- Kahlua - Pumpkin Spice Kahlua is a hidden gem found in the fall months. If for some reason you cannot find the Pumpkin Kahlua then you can add pumpkin spice to the cocktail to give it the pumpkin flavor.
- Cream - Half and half is my recommendation for the cream part of this recipe. It is thinner than heavy cream and better for sipping this White Russian. I would substitute whole milk or milk mixed with heavy cream if half and half isn't an option.
How to make a Pumpkin White Russian
Now, the only thing that might make this better is if I had coffee ice cubes. But, I lived with regular old ice cubes. And if you people aren't making coffee ice cubes, get on it!
Ok, when it comes to making these pumpkin spice White Russians, you just need to eyeball it. The basic breakdown of what you need to pour into a cocktail glass filled with ice -
2 parts Pumpkin Spice Kahlua
1 part vanilla vodka
1-2 parts half and half
There you have it my fine folks, an amazing pumpkin spice White Russian.
Variations to the Pumpkin White Russian Cocktail
Whether it is because you can't find Pumpkin Spice Kahlua or because you want to try other flavors, here are some ways to change up the White Russian Cocktail.
- Add Spices - Can't find Pumpkin Spice Kahlua? No problem, add a pinch of pumpkin pie spice to the cocktail. You can also use pumpkin spice syrup, but don't use vanilla vodka if you do this. It will be really sweet.
- Change the Flavor of Vodka - Cinnamon vodka, caramel vodka, and just vanilla vodka can all be great flavors for a White Russian.
- Rim the Glass - Use sauce or flavored sugars to rim the glass for White Russians. Cinnamon sugar or a caramel rim will add subtle flavors to the White Russian.
Tips for the Best White Russian Cocktail
Keep your liquor in the freezer or refrigerator for less melting when you pour the ingredients over the ice. My Kahlua and vodka are always in the fridge. Freezing your vodka isn't a bad option either. Also, don't be afraid to make ice cubes out of old coffee.
The best fall cocktails including pumpkin cocktails and apple cocktails can be found on farmwifedrinks.com. These cocktails are all made with just a few ingredients.
Pumpkin Spice White Russian
- 2 ounces Pumpkin Kahlua
- 1.5 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1-2 ounces half and half cream
- Place ice a cocktail glass.
- Pour two parts of pumpkin Kahlua over the ice.
- Pour one part vanilla vodka over the Kahlua.
- Top off with the half and half.