If you love a white wine sangria this pineapple rum sangria needs to go on the list of sangria recipes. Many of my sangria recipes use wine and vodka like my peach sangria. For my rum loving friend, Farmwife Cooks, I make sure I have some rum on hand for her. Last time we were together we made this Pineapple Rum Sangria.
If you are looking for a sweet sangria this sangria is not a super sweet sangria. The sweetness in this sangria comes strictly from the pineapple. I don’t add any sugar or simple sugar to this recipe. Pineapple Rum Sangria is a crisp white wine like a Sauvignon Blanc, a bag of frozen pineapple, white rum like Bacardi, and sparkling water like Dasani’s Tropical Pineapple sparkling water.
Begin by dumping the bag of frozen pineapple chunks into a glass pitcher. I used a 16-ounce bag of frozen pineapple. If you can only find 10-ounce bags, that should be fine too. Over the pineapple dump your white wine. My white wine was a blend from my Club W wine club shipment.
Then, to the wine and pineapple chunks, pour the Bacardi Rum. I used a half cup of rum in this sangria. If you do not want it to be this strong you are fine adding less. Malibu Rum would also be a great substitute if you are a lover of my Malibu Sangria. Both this recipe and the Malibu sangria are great summer sangria recipes.
Refrigerate the combination until you are ready to serve. Before serving the pineapple rum sangria, pour in a can of the Dasani Tropical Pineapple Sparkling Water. If you are using a larger bottle or non-flavored sparkling water, use between a cup and a cup and a half. I really like the carbonation in this white wine sangria.
Finally, pour the pineapple rum sangria into wine glasses. I love stemless wine glasses. The new stemless wine glasses I recently got are my favorite. I know these are technically red wine glasses, but the white wine isn’t offended.
Make sure a couple of the pineapple chunks make it into each glass. The rum and the pineapple make this rum pineapple sangria makes you long for a tropical vacation. Perfect to get you over the winter blues or help you enjoy the summer sunshine.
Here are several of my favorite white wine sangrias.
Pineapple Rum Sangria
- 16 ounce bag of frozen pineapple
- 1 bottle dry white wine, 750 ml sized bottle
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 12 ounce can Pineapple Sparkling Water (1.5 cup)
- Dump the frozen pineapple to the glass pitcher.
- Pour the wine and rum over the top of the pineapple.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Add the sparkling water to the pitcher before serving.
- Serve in wine glasses with pineapple from the pitcher as garnish.
- Toasted Coconut Rum Pineapple Cream Cocktail - December 19, 2020
- French Vanilla Hot Chocolate Mix – Mason Jar Drink Mix Gift - December 7, 2020
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Rum Cocktail – Pink Drink Cocktail - November 27, 2020