As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This one time I was traveling for work with Megan from These Old Cookbooks and we stumbled upon this great bar and restaurant in La Jolla. Well, we both jumped on the wine spritzers and were completely blown away. Naturally, I had to come home and recreate the blackberry white wine spritzer that was full of sage and citrus and berry flavors.
The key to this cocktail is blackberry syrup which is simple to make and also a fancy feeling addition to your girl’s night cocktails. I am sure you could just buy the blackberry syrup as well. But this was so easy to make, I would just make it again.
Blackberry White White Wine Spritzer
The base of this white wine spritzer is a crisp, white wine. I use a white wine that wasn’t aged in oak, not a Chardonnay. I used this 2017 Outer Sounds Sauvignon Blanc from Winc. Winc is one of my wine clubs. Get a few bottles on me if you are interested in a new wine club.
Start the process of making this blackberry white wine spritzer by focusing on the fruit. In a small saucepan, place blackberries and sugar. Begin heating over medium heat and then pour water over the top.
While the blackberries are simmering, cut up the fruit for soaking in the wine. Chop up apples and slice lemons then place in the glass pitcher you will be using for the spritzer. Also, take sage leaves and whole blackberries and place into the pitcher. Pour the wine over the top of the fruit and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Back to the blackberry syrup for finishing. When the blackberries are cooked down and the majority of the pan is saucy, strain the syrup through a mesh strainer. This will help get the blackberry seeds out of your syrup. I transfer the sauce to a small mason jar and chill until drink time.
When it is time for the Blackberry White Wine Spritzer to be poured, pull the syrup and wine out of the fridge. In a mason jar glass add ice and then pour a shot of the blackberry syrup. Pour the wine until the glass is 3/4 full and then top off with soda water. Garnish with the wine-soaked fruit and sage leaves.
Blackberry White Wine Spritzer
- 2 bottles White Wine like Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 whole lemons, sliced
- 1 whole apple, chopped
- 8 leaves sage
- 12-15 blackberries
- 1 liter soda water
- Begin by making the blackberry syrup by placing 1 cup of the blackberries, sugar, and water in small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir to combine and cook until the blackberries are cooked down. This will take about 15 minutes. Then strain over a mesh strainer and cool in the refrigerator.
- While the syrup is in the works, slice and chop the lemons and apples. Place in a glass pitcher. Add the blackberries and sage leaves to the pitcher. Pour the wine over the top of the fruit and chill.
- When ready to serve, fill glasses with ice and add a shot of blackberry syrup to each glass. Fill glasses 3/4 full with the chilled wine and top off with soda water.
- Garnish with the fruit and sage from the wine.
Latest posts by Leah Beyer (see all)
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate – Kahlua or Baileys Hot Chocolate - November 30, 2019
- Sparkling Ginger Apple Cider Sangria - November 17, 2019
- Frozen Mudslides – Boozy Chocolate Milkshake - October 26, 2019